Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Israeli point shooting method?

Israeli point shooting method?

I just finished reading Brotherhood of Warriors by Aaron Cohen. He mentions how IDF uses a form of "point shooting" method in CQB applications that still allows for a lot of accuracy. Has anybody had first hand experience with this method and its use/was taught it?
    I am curious to hear more about it.

Thanks!

This should be interesting.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

If you can watch this and not laugh, please let us know.

They do this stuff at a range in my area.

I am trying to research more about the point shooting method only. Not the entire Israeli system, with which I generally disagree (stance and empty chamber).

I suggest buying a copy of No Second Place Winner by Bill Jordan. Here's an old FBI video showing several of the techniques that Jordan wrote about:

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I suggest buying a copy of No Second Place Winner by Bill Jordan. Here's an old FBI video showing several of the techniques that Jordan wrote about:
    The sprinting/pushups/sprinting stuff before firing shown in the original video has some validity for those who might be in a firefight after a lot of physical exertion.

Thanks Alpha Sierra.
    Jeep, I agree with you, regarding the physical exertion, but that's not what I am trying to learn more about.

It's point shooting, I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

I did attend an Israeli shooting method class back in the '90s, dude teaching was a legit retired Mossad guy according to my sources. It was an interesting class but I was not impressed.

The stance was in integral part of the method. Two hand grip, basically an isosceles stance with a pronounced crouch. Look over the gun at the target, start shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    If you can watch this and not laugh, please let us know.

They do this stuff at a range in my area.
    I could not watch it and not laugh

Site Supporter
    The Israelis teach point shooting and condition 3 carry for the same reasons other organizations have in the past - it's a cheap fast way to teach large numbers of people to be at least somewhat effective. If they had the time /$$$/ resources I'm sure they would teach sighted fire.

User Tag List