Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Why I like Glock pistols (when out moose hunting)

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yeah, he was supposed to be the bear guard. In other accounts back in the day he threw the PISTOL GRIPPED pump shotgun at her because he feared he'd just tee her off worse and dove in and swam for it. How would you like that guy covering your six?
    No one told him that he was supposed to SHOOT the shotgun! He thought it was a throwing weapon!

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Depends on the definition of "stop?" If "stop" means make bear go away, almost any handgun that makes noise and inflicts pain may stop the attack. If "stop" means kill the bear, then it seems like the cartridge needs to be capable of penetrating the brain, or a softer area that leads to death.
    That's kind of my question. I have zero experience with this stuff, but when we're talking about animals that can be, without exaggeration, almost twice my height, and more than half the weight of my car, what are the odds any particular round is going to "stop" a pissed off one of those animals? Something that size is effectively a tank with fur and teeth.

GJM

What holster setup are you sporting on your hunt? Do you find a belt holster is better in that situation than a chest rig?

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    GJM

What holster setup are you sporting on your hunt? Do you find a belt holster is better in that situation than a chest rig?
    With a big pack, chest or Safariland drop holster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

What do you guys think of the new Sig for some of the environments described in this thread? I can't think of a gun that would be easier to clean out. You could even keep a spare FCU stashed somewhere.

User Tag List