Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turkish ZQ1 9x19 ammunition- BUYER BEWARE

Turkish ZQ1 9x19 ammunition- BUYER BEWARE

I fired 200 rounds of Turkish manufacture ZQ1 9x19 FMJ ammunition this morning, and experienced six blown primers, as well as some of the cartridges "feeling" hotter than others (not a fan of wonky and inconsistent ammo). On one occasion, a blown primer induced a malfunction in my FNS (FTEX).

While not the end of the world, I'm going to stick to CCI Blazer Aluminum and my reloads for no drama practice ammunition. If you see this stuff on sale at your local Wally-World, there's probably a reason.

Caveat Emptor.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 09-01-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks. I saw the local Wal-mart is closing out the ZQ 308 ball at under $10 a box; doesn't look like anyone bought it at $15 a box and I've been wondering about it.

My local Wally-Worlds all had it priced as if it were premium ammo, as in $20 a box. Even when there was no other 9mm on the shelf people weren't buying it. The prices have since dropped but it still sits.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    My local Wally-Worlds all had it priced as if it were premium ammo, as in $20 a box. Even when there was no other 9mm on the shelf people weren't buying it. The prices have since dropped but it still sits.
    If Fred's report gets out, it might sit there for a very long time. Expensive ammo that might damage your pistol if not you? That's a pretty tough sell.

Their 5.56 in 30rd boxes sales for about $9.97/box where Federal XM193 sales for $8.97/20rd box at my local Wally-World. I was kinda skeptical of the stuff, really glad I didn't buy any of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Their 5.56 in 30rd boxes sales for about $9.97/box where Federal XM193 sales for $8.97/20rd box at my local Wally-World. I was kinda skeptical of the stuff, really glad I didn't buy any of it now.
    I wouldn't risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I fired 200 rounds of Turkish manufacture ZQ1 9x19 FMJ ammunition this morning. . . .
    Was it the 123 gr. NATO?

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Chicken. I've shot a few hundred rounds of it, and so far, so good. I like to live dangerously.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinTN View Post
    Was it the 123 gr. NATO?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JWinTN View Post
    Was it the 123 gr. NATO?
    Yep.
    That's the stuff they have at all of my local Wally-Worlds as well. I'd considered buying a couple boxes to try before I saw this thread. Glad I didn't, and I definitely won't now; thanks for saving me the pain, FredM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    That's the stuff they have at all of my local Wally-Worlds as well. I'd considered buying a couple boxes to try before I saw this thread. Glad I didn't, and I definitely won't now; thanks for saving me the pain, FredM.
    No worries. I'll see how the brass reloads, or if that's a total bust as well.

User Tag List