Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For when you can't find a good used Surefire X300

For when you can't find a good used Surefire X300

How are the Inforce APLs and new Streamlight WMLs holding up?
    #RESIST

I rather prefer the APL, X300 available or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    I rather prefer the APL, X300 available or not.
    No issues with it falling off?
    #RESIST

I wouldn't be concerned with using a new TLR-1HL or whatever they call them now.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I wouldn't be concerned with using a new TLR-1HL or whatever they call them now.
    Seems like a real good deal, too.
    #RESIST

I had a TLR-1s on my SBR for a few years and about 6k rounds without issue. I have a TLR-1HL on it now, and I like it a lot. Light shines more like an X300U, with a less defined center and good spread.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    No issues with it falling off?
    Not in my experience. The APL is thinner, lighter, very bright and if I push my finger forward it doesn't jam under my fingernail.

I wouldn't worry about the APL falling off. I like the switching bit IMHO I think it needs to be a smidge brighter. I don't believe a whole lot is gained with its reduction in size though, that seems to be a novelty to me. By the time any of my holsters, purposely smaller than most, are made for it the overall size does not yield any gains in concealment over an X300U and that can use a DG switch.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

LOVE my APL.

I dual undercut my trigger guards and stipple the bottom of them, so a DG switch doesn't work for me. My APL has been on my 17A for a little over 2600 rounds now, hasn't come loose a single time, still works perfectly.

If you are concerned with it coming loose, Inforce is coming out with a Gen 2 that uses a screw to tighten it onto the rail, instead of their current cam system.

Here's a vid my buddy Abner put up, detailing the Gen 2 APL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0fDjWKQokM

That is awesome. I had no idea the APL fit in X300/TLR3/M3 holsters. Anyone tested fit with them? BladeTec still hasn't put together an APL mold yet.

User Tag List