Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The infamous P250

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    But if the best seller is functionally superior or at worst on par with the more expensive Gucci option; why go upscale? Prestige or cachet? Attempting to buy skill?
    That's right. The only reason those fools buying steaks instead of equally functional Big Macs, must be trying to get more easily quantifiable performance. Do they get you full any faster? No! I can't think of any other reason.

Try here: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...hlight=passion

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    That's right. The only reason those fools buying steaks instead of equally functional Big Macs, must be trying to get more easily quantifiable performance. Do they get you full any faster? No! I can't think of any other reason.
    Need proof that 2011 is "steak" and... say... the VP9 is "Big Mac". I don't think the plastic gripframe on an STI is popped out of the mold with any more loving care than the Jerry gun. I've seen a lot more 2011s that were unreliable malf-o-matics than I have HKs. I need a quantifiable number that is a measure of the gun's shooting qualities, not "fit and finish", otherwise it's purely subjective and all the talk about "pride of ownership" and "enjoyment of the shooting experience" sounds like justification.

Now, don't get me wrong: "Because I like it" is a perfectly cromulent reason to prefer one gun over another, but it's hard to measure with dial calipers or a PACT.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post

Try here: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...hlight=passion
    Analogies from cars to meat to make a point about pistols!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Need proof that 2011 is "steak" and... say... the VP9 is "Big Mac". I don't think the plastic gripframe on an STI is popped out of the mold with any more loving care than the Jerry gun. I've seen a lot more 2011s that were unreliable malf-o-matics than I have HKs. I need a quantifiable number that is a measure of the gun's shooting qualities, not "fit and finish", otherwise it's purely subjective and all the talk about "pride of ownership" and "enjoyment of the shooting experience" sounds like justification.

Now, don't get me wrong: "Because I like it" is a perfectly cromulent reason to prefer one gun over another, but it's hard to measure with dial calipers or a PACT.
    I'm not saying the 2011 is the steakiest steak of all the steaks. Not at all. It feels a bit porterhouse at times, when I keep hankering after that filet of square dust guard DEA marked Professional I loved. But other people love the new York with a chimmichurri, and I just can't get into sweet and savory together, so the Colt Python will probably not be rightly appreciated by me. Sometimes all I really want is trail mix to not worry and not be weighed down, so a long slide Glock 20 seems the way to go...

Man, when is lunch?
    Last edited by Haraise; 09-02-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Analogies from cars to meat to make a point about pistols!
    Here's a car one: My former neighbor's fiberglass kit car had jillions of man-hours of loving hand labor in it. A new Benz C-class is a robot-built, mass-production econo-sedan that probably has a plastic valve cover. Time to drive to California: Ready? Go!

Here's a car one: My former neighbor's fiberglass kit car had jillions of man-hours of loving hand labor in it. A new Benz C-class is a robot-built, mass-production econo-sedan that probably has a plastic valve cover. Time to drive to California: Ready? Go!
    It depends on your friend's name. If it's Cletus or Bubba:

I'll go with the Mercedes.

If the name is maybe Jason:

I'll run, not walk to that kit car.

Ok, I'm lost. How did a thread about the P250 turn a dick/labia measuring contest of who has the most expensive taste in guns?
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-03-2014 at 12:40 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

... the Jerry gun.
    Okay, I laughed… a little.

Haven't heard THAT term in a long time…

Site Supporter
    Sorry for the thread drift...I'd not mind a P250 simply because the idea of being able to switch calibers to accommodate for ammo that is available in a panic (We're talking .40 here people) and just the cool idea of switching between different sizes and whatnot. It just seems cool to me. The P320 seems to also have that feature so it also seems cool. If the reliability issues are sorted, you can get P250's for dirt cheap so why not? Especially if you have a lot of time on DAO revos...

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    If the reliability issues are sorted, you can get P250's for dirt cheap so why not? Especially if you have a lot of time on DAO revos...
    I'll not lie that, while the gun doesn't trip my trigger in most ways, the tinkertoy aspect is mildly intriguing. If I saw one at the right price and was feeling flush, I might throw it on the "What the Heck, It Was Cheap" pile like the PPX. (Which has, thus far, been a pleasant surprise.)

User Tag List