Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beslan- 9/1/2004

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Jeep, your criteria for admission is rough! I'm Vietnamese. From 1959-1973 (roughly the same length of time for the GWOT), over 56,000 Americans were killed by either NVA troops or Viet-Cong terrorists. Nobody liked us at that time. Thankfully the the 'government' allow me and my family to come to the USA. We did it legally and there were no special tests or criteria to make sure we wouldn't betray the USA. We worked hard and my father, my 3 brothers and I all became doctors. I can safely say that collectively as a family we either saved or improved over 56,000 American lives since 1975. Nobody comes to America to start a sleeper cell. They come to make a better life for themselves. Your vision of America is what we ran away from.
    I actually know a guy who did come to the US to start a sleeper cell.

I BS you not.

He even wrote a book about it; http://books.simonandschuster.com/Bl.../9781416577805

Long conversation with Kamal while helping guard him when he was in town for speaking engagements have been rather educational.

I think we do not vet the folks we let into the US nearly well enough. That quite a few just walk in through the southern border is yet another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post

I BS you not.

He even wrote a book about it; http://books.simonandschuster.com/Bl.../9781416577805

Long conversation with Kamal while helping guard him when he was in town for speaking engagements have been rather educational.

I think we do not vet the folks we let into the US nearly well enough. That quite a few just walk in through the southern border is yet another issue.
    I had not heard of Kamal before reading that blurb. Does he still need guards?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post

I BS you not.

People walking through the southern border serves the political interests of the powers-which-are.

Which leads to a troubling question-if letting violent jihadis into the country serves a similar politcial end for DCs current management, will they lift a finger to prevent a tragedy for the greater good? I'd like to think the security of the nation takes precedence over local political interests, but I've been wrong before......
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Between 6 and 7pm, after it was established that there were no more captives in the school building, troops used Shmel rocket infantry flamethrowers against the militants.
    I did not know that nugget. Can't say they weren't thorough...

As close as you can get to: "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I had not heard of Kamal before reading that blurb. Does he still need guards?

Umm, yeah, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I did not know that nugget. Can't say they weren't thorough...

As close as you can get to: "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
    The Russians seem to love flamethrowers, armor and thermobaric weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    The Russians seem to love flamethrowers, armor and thermobaric weapons.

That sort of thing worked at Stalingrad.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I can only imagine the state of mind of the Russian Spetznatz troops and Militia after witnessing the whole ordeal.
    Optimists study English; pessimists study Chinese; and realists learn to use a Kalashnikov.

User Tag List