Thread: Enfield .410 conversion

Enfield .410 conversion

A good friend of mine came into an authentic one of these recently. I'd never heard of them, but I guess they were made and issued to foreign troops they didn't quite trust. They're basically a .303 converted to a single shot .410. Really more of a signal cannon than anything. I thought it was cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    A good friend of mine came into an authentic one of these recently. I'd never heard of them, but I guess they were made and issued to foreign troops they didn't quite trust. They're basically a .303 converted to a single shot .410. Really more of a signal cannon than anything. I thought it was cool though.
    They were quite a coveted piece of kit during the Sindh Squirrel Insurrection of 1937.

Haha! If you google that, your post pops up on google. You may have just created a baby internet.

They were sold by several surplus dealers that advertised in Shotgun News back about 15 or 20 years ago.
    I thought about one but had a lighter and handier single-shot .410 already in the accumulation.

Site Supporter
    There are a few Enfield 410 shotguns getting around over here, I seem to remember they were used in India not so much in Au.

There was also a Australian company called SportsCo they converted quite a few 303s to 410ga shotgun, all the ones I have seen were single shot.
    Most of the ones I encountered had 303 barrels that had been bored to 410, when I was a kid we used to make 410 shells out of 303 cartridges.

SportCo also made a 22hornet on the SMLE action.

I don't see those old guns around much any more, they are still around forgotten about in sheds out on farms and what not.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Dan's Ammo has some 1960s-vintage surplus British military .410 ammo for sale.

User Tag List