Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta madness continues...

Beretta madness continues...

So this summer I've been bitten by the Beretta bug. I've been extremely lucky in the deals I've gotten. To be honest, two of the deals I got through a relative in the gun business, but a deal is a deal. First I scored my 92A1 over on Sigforum. It came with 5 mags and had a WC trigger job, E2 hammer and WC low pro safety.

Next, I got a very slightly used M9A1 compact Inox. Haven't done anything with it yet. Came with box and wood grips (which I've trade away - too thick) and 2 mags.

Then last week I saw a used 92FS Vertec Inox in the case at my relatives store. It didn't look like it had been shot much. So I told them to put it back for me and I'd get it later. Today I picked it up. Wow. I got lucky on the price. When I was told the price, I was like "really?". With box and 2 mags.

I've got $1625 combined in all three.

Then a buddy gave me 5 used (Beretta and MecGar) mags for free. Then I bought 2 new in cosmoline surplus mags for $20 (MecGar brand) and a almost new Safariland ALS 6377 with the MLS system at a army/navy store for $30. Plus a couple of good deals for grips and parts in the classifieds on berettaforum.

pics:

I'm not sure I'm going to keep the Vertec frame. The top end, yes. But the jury is still out on the frame. Hopefully I've sated my urge for Beretta pistols for awhile. None of them are a G model, but after playing with the low pro safety on my 92A1, I'm not as worried about a G conversion as I used to be. The carry guns will get the low pro safety. The USPSA production gun will just have the right side lever removed. I've got a couple mods I'm going to do on the compact still and I'm installing a FO front on the 92A1 this weekend. Eventually the Vertec top end will have night sights installed. If the Vertec top end runs reliably on the compact frame, that will be my off duty gun. Have to see how it functions first.
    Last edited by Lon; 08-30-2014 at 10:15 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Ernest Langdon's preferred combo is a Vertec upper and M9A1 lower. Vertec upper on a compact lower is not recommended due to a different internal rail dimension. Short answer is you can mix Centurion and Compact uppers/lowers, but full size uppers should stay with full size lowers.

You got some good Beretta love going there. Me too!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

When Vertecs first came out a friend of mine bought one and had me install an LTT trigger and springs. I liked the concept, but the frame just didn't feel right in my large hands. A M9A1 compact, however, would be the heat.

Man there is something about that Compact that I really like. It even looks good in Inox and I don't usually care for the brighter finishes.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

How long ago did you pick up that Inox? I may have looked at that very one about 6 weeks ago. Took all I had to put it back, after inspecting it for a good 10 minutes.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    How long ago did you pick up that Inox? I may have looked at that very one about 6 weeks ago. Took all I had to put it back, after inspecting it for a good 10 minutes.
    Maybe 4 weeks? Bought it from OE up in Tipp City.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Trying REALLY hard to trade my Glock 17 and some swag for a used Beretta 92G Vertec here locally....it probably wont work out due to my luck, but i REALLY want it to hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Trying REALLY hard to trade my Glock 17 and some swag for a used Beretta 92G Vertec here locally....it probably wont work out due to my luck, but i REALLY want it to hahaha.
    What we really need is a run of newly made Vertecs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    What we really need is a run of newly made Vertecs.
    I am the opposite of many here (what's new). The Vertec is the only Beretta that feels good to me and fits my hand. I have several projects in progress, and a Wilson Combat Vertec lower/92FS upper is one of them.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ernest Langdon's preferred combo is a Vertec upper and M9A1 lower.
    This is what I was hoping for when you mentioned Beretta would be doing a limited run of a sought after configuration.

User Tag List