Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Claude Werner & 1,000 Days of Dry Fire

Claude Werner & 1,000 Days of Dry Fire

What exactly is Claude Werner's "1,000 Day Dry Fire" program? Is it published anywhere? Anybody tried it? What were the results? Would you do it again?

Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful John View Post
    What exactly is Claude Werner's "1,000 Day Dry Fire" program? Is it published anywhere? Anybody tried it? What were the results? Would you do it again?
    There was some posts about it on Total Protection Interactive. A number of people like Paul Sharp went through it and discussed some of the results. It was on a couple of different threads so you might have to dig on a search.

I did it.

It is simply 1000 consecutive days of dry fire practice.

I did it with a j frame and pocket change of various denominations balanced on the front sight. It produced good results for me. I'm going to get back into it.

I haven't done Claude's program and I'm sure I haven't dry fired 1000 days consecutively. But, I think very highly of Claude and his material, and in all the practicing I have done in the last several years, a huge amount has been dry practice. I believe it's been highly effective, and I think frequency means a lot. I feel pretty sharp if I dry fire several times a week. I feel even sharper when I am dry firing almost every day. I feel super mega sharp if I dry fire multiple times almost every day. Frequency has a quality unto itself, even above and beyond the total raw time spent.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Dry firing every day for 3 years straight?! Really!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Dry firing every day for 3 years straight?! Really!?
    Probably more practical and achievable than 1,000 days of sex.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Probably more practical and achievable than 1,000 days of sex.
    Cheaper too.

I dry fire pretty much every day. The only days I take off are the days immediately after a range session. Then back to it. I've been doing this since January of this year and I think it's the key to my meager progress to date. I'm only able to get to the range twice a month and my ammo expenditure is about 250 a session. So really the 15 or 20 minutes I spend a day dry firing is critical to my improvement. It has to be structured and measured much like my range sessions.

Also, I firmly believe that the standard you hold for yourself in some components of your dry fire (ie sight alignment and trigger press as you break your "shot") should be extremely high, or you are just wasting time. It's one thing to beat your par time and another to know you broke the shot with your sights aligned while beating your par time. It requires honesty with yourself and lots of self diagnosis. I never come away from a dry fire session totally happy, always wanting more....

Thanks, Guys.

What I gather is that the Claude Werner 1,000 day dry fire program is the NRA Defensive Pistol Qualification I (followed by II) performed daily for very nearly 3 years. Special thanks to Wheeler for the link.

User Tag List