Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's blood boiler...

What makes this lie even more disgusting is the fact that most of the laws regulating firearms and concealed carry came about post civil war in former Confederate states and their purpose was to keep blacks disarmed.

Joyce Malcolm traced the history of the militia in her classic "To Keep and Bear Arms" and there is simply no historical doubt--none--that the founders looked on the militia as a preferred alternative to a standing army, which was the classic fear of both English and American Whigs. It had nothing to do with slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I meant constitutional not constructional.
    I liked constructional - because it was made up history.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Wow, feel bad bringing this cloud of hate on such a nice Friday before a long weekend but, dayum!

Now the narrative is that the 2nd amendment was created to bolster slave-catching militia? Uhm...
    Strange...I thought that the origin of gun control in the U.S. had to do with disarming the slaves so they could not revolt? Buuut what does lil ol' me know. I clearly don't have the intellect required to grasp such historical concepts that only make sense to people who have never even held a gun. I obviously have no grasp on history because I don't write for CNN and am thus condemned forever to the life of the hoi polloi and being forced to listen to the uninformed, arrogant drivel of somebody who took a creative writing class alongside their US History and got the two confused...

That said, I'd just let the man have his moment. He's still feeling the monumental amount of butthurt that every liberal felt after Heller and McDonald became part of U.S. History. Some people take a little longer to get over the slaying of their sacred cattle.

The entire history of gun control in the US has been racist, down south to keep black folks unarmed so that they couldn't shoot at the night riders and KKK and such, in NYC and other places in the NE to keep guns out of the hands of whoever was "wrong" and only in the hands of those that the local big wigs approved of.

User Tag List