Thread: ALS or GLS model for full size MP9 with thumb saftey.

ALS or GLS model for full size MP9 with thumb saftey.

Looking for either of these holsters for a retention holster when I'm hiking or doing any scouting for hunting. Can't seem to find the one built for the thumb saftey, I bought a normal one (not built for thumb saftey) for my mp compact and while it works you can tell it was not designed for it.

Thanks for the help guys!

http://www.holsterops.com/concealment

This would be a good place to start.

Ok so looking at the safari-land website, they don't have a version for the thumb safety listed. Anyone know if it will work with the model they are offering?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Ok so looking at the safari-land website, they don't have a version for the thumb safety listed. Anyone know if it will work with the model they are offering?
    Found this:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-SL6378-920-411

You might try comparing model numbers to see if there is any difference between this and one that does not mention the thumb safety.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have a 6390 so I can keep a weapon light on my M&P9FS with frame safety (works fine with and w/o the light) for low light competitions, a 7TS for daylight comps and a 6377 I got just because Midway USA was blowing them out for less than $30 for a spare/loaner. All of them fit the frame safety model without modification.

Here's the 6377 on sale at Midway. Safariland and holsters.com websites are using the best tech 1990 had to offer for searches, databases and information and their customer service line is a crap shoot on if you get someone who knows what they are talking about or not.

Here's the 7TS 7377 that I have with the various part numbers for left, right and color options.

In spite of the Midway picture they all come with the same high ride belt loops. I just ordered the one inch drop belt loop to lower the grip a bit. You may find you want to do that depending on your draw.
    Last edited by Lomshek; 09-18-2014 at 11:55 PM.

User Tag List