Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Index by Country, Gun Rights included

Freedom Index by Country, Gun Rights included

Yemen and Timor beat out the US? Have no idea what criteria they used for this index. The Czech Republic is looking good as an option for a vacation.

http://www.freeexistence.org/freedom...&Reverse=false
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Not on the look I just had, using the pull down sorting tabs on what you find important.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Not on the look I just had, using the pull down sorting tabs on what you find important.
    When I pick just gun rights as crucial I get Yemen, then Timor then US. My two are Freedom of SPeech and Gun Rights, then I get US followed by Czech Repub.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

It's been a long time since I've been in CZ, but I loved it. A week is barely enough for Prague.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Setting everything to "crucial" except drug rights (somewhat important), I get

Hong Kong (seriously? freedom of speech and freedom from government? I call bovine manure right there.)
    Switzerland
    Chile
    Bahamas
    Singapore
    USA
    Australia
    Estonia
    Canada
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Setting everything to "crucial" except drug rights (somewhat important), I get

Hong Kong (seriously? freedom of speech and freedom from government? I call bovine manure right there.)
    Switzerland
    Chile
    Bahamas
    Singapore
    USA
    Australia
    Estonia
    Canada
    Australia is an out of control nanny state. I'm calling BS on this whole website.

Remember it is trying to balance all of the selections you make, not just one.

I actually get the four countries I expect to get, given my realistic (I hope) desires in a country - USA, Switzerland, Chile, and Estonia in that specific order is the order I'd choose to live in them too...

For what's it worth - To me the absolutely crucial ones are property rights, free speech & religion, guns, limited government is very important and so is business freedom. Frankly, I don't care about taxes if the government is transparent about what and how it is spent. I am strongly against the messed up taxation in this country, but because I know it is going to line the pockets of politicians and not for the greater good of our society. Switzerland has higher taxes, but more business/financial freedom and less corruption - I'd call that a fair trade.

I don't care about drug rights personally - but I'd prefer a place where the government isn't spending a ton of money on failed enforcement and policies. Inflation is just a reality, being "protected from inflation" seems as much fallacious as being protected from death, by not bathing daily.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Australia is an out of control nanny state. I'm calling BS on this whole website.
    They don't give the Aussies a good score on limited government.

I'm also very skeptical. I was able to move Switzerland up to #1 from 3 simply by changing the gun rights category from very important to crucial. I know that Switzerland has the reputation of being pro gun, but owning a non-target handgun is very difficult and carrying it concealed is all but impossible in that country.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I'd reconsider any move to the Baltics, since they're living on borrowed time. Russia will be back when they've finished with Ukraine.

User Tag List