Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks Like Legion Firearms is Shutting Down with No Rifles and No Refunds

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    ("Why doesn't Giant Ammo Co build a whole new factory to keep up with demand?" I heard a lot during the worst of it.)
    Because that level of capital pretty much guarantees the adults are in charge?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I've shot with some of the guys from Legion. They were good people, and one even loaned me his jacket because I had not prepared for the weather. I can't speak to their business practices, but the employees I met were people I respect and think well of.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    LaRue probably shouldn't start hurtling stones with Legion at anyone, given the horrible delivery times on the OBRs and the complaints about LaRue CS. Also, when I met LaRue he was a genuine capital A - Kittenhole to a very, very, good friend of mine who owned a piece of property near where their shop is. That let me know what a really classy guy he is.
    Good customer service in this industry is more of a rarity than it should be.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Because that level of capital pretty much guarantees the adults are in charge?
    That, and when a company's been around a hundred and fifty years, it's usually not because they take flighty plunges.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Now Soldier Systems can't get in touch with them.
    Now the post from Soldier Systems is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Now the post from Soldier Systems is gone.
    Not to keep harping on it, but don't expect any Washington Post-follow-the-money-journalism from SSD or any of the other bloggers whose revenue is derived from the firearm industry (or even the amateur bloggers that just like to get free gear). Firstly, they won't bite the hand that feeds them. Secondly, there are no ethical standards to keep them from erasing any old posts that show they were relentless cheerleaders for the failed companies in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Good customer service in this industry is more of a rarity than it should be.
    So much truth.

That's why occasionally, I think about building guns myself and start a company that excelled in customer service and transparency. Then I realize that despite what people claim, I couldn't get enough business to make it stick. Because people still want Judges and cheap 1911s even if Taurus has some of the worst CS I've ever seen in my life.

-Rob

So much truth.

That's why occasionally, I think about building guns myself and start a company that excelled in customer service and transparency. Then I realize that despite what people claim, I couldn't get enough business to make it stick. Because people still want Judges and cheap 1911s even if Taurus has some of the worst CS I've ever seen in my life.

-Rob
    You could make a quality knock-off of the Judge and offer real customer service. It wouldn't sell because you'd have to price it quite a bit higher than the Judge, and the average Judge customer fires it five times, decides he doesn't like the recoil and puts it away in a drawer "just in case" and thus never needs quality or customer service. But, at least you wouldn't be in Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by Leozinho View Post
    Not to keep harping on it, but don't expect any Washington Post-follow-the-money-journalism from SSD or any of the other bloggers whose revenue is derived from the firearm industry (or even the amateur bloggers that just like to get free gear). Firstly, they won't bite the hand that feeds them. Secondly, there are no ethical standards to keep them from erasing any old posts that show they were relentless cheerleaders for the failed companies in the first place.
    God knows I've never called anything a wretched, pulsating ball of suck and fail.

So much truth.

-Rob
    Well said Rob.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List