Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyderco Street Beat

Spyderco Street Beat

Anyone have a Spyderco Street Beat? Thinking of ordering one and trying to get some good input and carry pics.

I've been down the Perrin path before. Nice knives. Well made. Handle favors a saber grip. Take a hard look at the Joe Watson HiTS Knife. http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=8543

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I've been down the Perrin path before. Nice knives. Well made. Handle favors a saber grip. Take a hard look at the Joe Watson HiTS Knife. http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=8543
    Yes I have looked at it and it would probably be my first choice however the $300.00 price tag and the availability or lack there of was steering me toward the street beat. I also like the strider, that thing looks indistructible, but again spending 300 on a knife is a bit much IMO. I'm thinking somewhere in the $150 range.

I own one of those. It's a great little fixed blade, and the handle design works really well in that it eliminates the need for a hand guard. Extremely nice and well put together. Some folks may consider it a bit on the small side for a fighting blade (it's certainly dwarfed by my Benchmade Onslaught), but it's a really handy size. Don't carry it much at all, but it sure is nice to have around.

I had one. i *loved* the design; 3.5" blade, micarta handle, great finger choil/guard combination, great size. The downside is a clattery, ill-fitted "bolatron" sheath. The sheath sucked enough that I sold off the spyderco, and went handmade for my SFB edge out carry knives. OMMV. If one had access to good custom kydex, the street beat would be a no-brainer, IMHO.

I have one.

The sheath worked fine for me.

It's an excellent little knife as everyone else has described, but the handle is just too short for me; it's a sort of a G26 to the Street Bowie G17 size wise and I wish they made an intermediate size.

I went with a Watson HiTs.

I have one sitting in one of my knife bags. Bought it, couldn't figure out a way to carry it that made me happy, put it away until I get around to selling it.

As is so often the case, carry is the problem. If recall it's set up for teklok, and I always find those too fat.

Quote Originally Posted by holygoat View Post
    I have one sitting in one of my knife bags. Bought it, couldn't figure out a way to carry it that made me happy, put it away until I get around to selling it.

As is so often the case, carry is the problem. If recall it's set up for teklok, and I always find those too fat.
    let me know if you want to sell it.

Get one and have Rich and CCC make you a sheath for it.
    I have two and am probably going to pick up another one.
    The knife lends itself perfectly to reverse, edge forward carry/draw.
    Very well designed, but oem sheath needs some work.

I like the Street Beat for it's big choil. I had one I played with but sold later, because it was a bit big for my needs (I work in an office environment and prefer sub-3" blades for concealment's sake). The nice thing about the Beat was it has a nice profile to it.

In that price range there are a ton of production options and a handful of custom. Is there something about the Perrin specifically or are you looking for a defensive knife? If the latter, preference in grip style and orientation and carry location?

-Rob
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 08-31-2014 at 10:30 PM.

User Tag List