Thread: USPSA Board Shake Up

USPSA Board Shake Up

Three new directors appointed.

http://uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements...ouncements-184
    Here are the new Area Director replacements:

Area 1 - Bruce Gary
    Bruce brings years of BOD experience to the board. He is easily over qualified for the position and has been a source of knowledge for USPSA for many years. I was shocked that we could get him to return with his busy work schedule, but we're lucky to have him.

Area 4 - Art Brown
    Art actually ran against Troy in the last AD4 election. Art is a fair and dedicated member of USPSA. He's worked more Nationals than I can count, and his experience with NROI as a Range Master Instructor will be very welcome. I'm confident that he will do an excellent job, with big shoes to fill.

Area 6 - Chris Palmer
    Chris came heavily recommended as an Area 6 Director replacement. Although Chris has not been a member of USPSA very long, his involvement with the organization has been very active. His love for the shooting sports can only be rivaled by his extensive business experience.
    Big shake up, between the cheating and the attempt to remove Jay Corn by the way he handled revealing a conflict of interests issue (which he prevailed but ultimately resigned).

Honestly I am concerned, there is no mention of a Special Election, per the USPSA by laws, Area 6 should be up for special election since there is enough of his term left.

Finally the next BOD meeting is about some major changes, which IMO we shouldn't be doing when we have three appointed BOD members.

One of the last USPSA down range email newsletters had a post about a special election for area 6. Didn't mention the area 4 director resigning. Just 1&6.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    One of the last USPSA down range email newsletters had a post about a special election for area 6. Didn't mention the area 4 director resigning. Just 1&6.
    I unsubscribed from that as it seemed like all crap. I guess occasionally it has something of value in it.

User Tag List