Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Foot Pursuits:How Fast Should a LEO be?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Indeed. He is 6'5" and a half, though. I was a steady 17:50ish for physical fitness tests with 19 minute three mile times very easily done throughout my eight years in. I would not have been pleased with a Marine that was over say 23 minutes on a three mile.
    When I was 18-22 I was 5'11 180...and my APFT 2 mile was 13:13ish. You fast guys suck.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    When I was 18-22 I was 5'11 180...and my APFT 2 mile was 13:13ish. You fast guys suck.
    I was at the same weight/height at that age. Going to some good swimming schools in the military really helped me realize how much more I could push myself.
    #RESIST

Holy crap. You guys are beasts. The fastest I've ever ran a mile was a hair over eight minutes. I mean I'm not terribly out of shape, but you guys are hulked out.

I saw Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry at the drive in.

Out running the radio is almost impossible.

I

They're running for a reason but sometimes the suspect is the only one who nows why. It's a much harder search when an unknown guy runs from a stop.

RIP Officer Pierson. We've got it from here.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I am waiting for John Hearne to come out with one of his charts on this. Over-learned being Olympic sprinter speed, down the continuum tof the officer who won't even get out of his cruiser, he is so slow.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am waiting for John Hearne to come out with one of his charts on this. Over-learned being Olympic sprinter speed, down the continuum tof the officer who won't even get out of his cruiser, he is so slow.
    If I could post a slow-clap I would...

And I love Hearne's charts
    Last edited by EM_; 09-04-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Rest in peace, Officer Pierson. While at the odmp.org page, type "Abernethy" into the search box. Similar scenario. Chase smart, not (necessarily) fast.

Rest in peace; we have your watch, Officer Abernethy. I do not say this out of mere habit; the turds from the neighborhood patrolled by Officer Abernethy are not afraid to venture south, inside the Loop, into Central Patrol's area, my area. So many of our vehicular pursuits head north, to become foot chases north of the Loop.

The pressure to keep a fleeing criminal "in sight" is strong, prompting many to try so very hard to re-aquire a visual.

Let's be careful out there!

User Tag List