Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foam wedges for AIWB

I've used whatever I have laying around, like leftover foam pieces from a custom-cut computer transport case, attaching it with gaff tape wrapped around the foam and the holster. Been looking for a better solution, those helmet pads look like a good idea, thanks JMS.

Thanks
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Please tell me someone dubbed this the "Tactical Cod Piece" ;-)
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    Please tell me someone dubbed this the "Tactical Cod Piece" ;-)
    No, that's something different and I have already made them.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Figured I'd bump this one back up for current recommendations instead of starting a new thread.

For those rolling their own, what foam are you buying and where are you buying it?

I have tons of industrial 3M velcro tape, just need the right foam. I added some velcro to my SME this AM before work, then cut up some generic closed cell foam I had laying around. Works for now, but I'd rather get some better stuff and cut a proper wedge.

You could buy already made foam wedges from Mastermind Tactics. They have quite a few options and all very reasonably priced :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I ordered a huge foam sheet from someplace in Michigan online, it is a variation of neoprene. It's slightly pliable but doesn't lose its shape when it's compressed against your body day after day. The cool part is I can cut all my own wedges and experiment with size angle Etc. And at the rate I'm going I have enough material to make foam wedges for the rest of my life with a minimal amount of investment.

Same industrial Velcro that I use on my shotguns and a piece of surplus iso mat.

I've used foam wedges from JM and Keepers for about 5 years. I'm actually looking to roll my own this time around. Thanks for the suggestions.

User Tag List