Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: IPSC World Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Serious question: did they fix the drainage issues on the end far left bay?
    It didn't rain at the IPSC Nationals. Maybe raks can speak for the World Shoot.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed it, they've made a ton of improvements over the last two years. And I imagine that they will be planting a ton of grass to replace what was worn down by the world shoot.

It's no big deal, just idle curiosity on my part. I remember the last SC they had there, those back two bays before the big open bay were absolutely under water.

from some of the video I saw it did get muddy, lots of guys got covered in it on 5 going prone. Mike Lam (Canadian) looked especially happy when he got up. I wasn't all that concerned about missing this WS given the absolute gong shows the last 3 I've been to have been, but after having talked to hundreds of people that went, it seems like I missed a good one. Oh well.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    from some of the video I saw it did get muddy, lots of guys got covered in it on 5 going prone. Mike Lam (Canadian) looked especially happy when he got up.
    That was basically an open sand tip. Which did cushion your fall to prone, but got you very dirty even when it was dry.

Before I started shooting stage 5 you can hear me sarcastically saying "This is going to be fun."

There wasn't any heavy rain, so combined with the sandy soil and warm sunny weather it should've dried up fairly quickly.

My squad shot in the rain on Tuesday afternoon. Temperatures we're warm and the rain was generally light so it wasn't much of an inconvenience. Shelter on the bays is very good which helped too.

Rain continued a little through that night but everything was fine in the morning with no puddles or mud issues that I saw.

I'm sure it could have been worse but 'luck counts'.

User Tag List