Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unintentionally Limp-Wristing? How do I correct it?

Some quotes from the chapter "Grip Management (recoil control)" from Mike Seeklanders excellent book "Your Competition Handgun Training Program":

• Leverage: "Both strong hand and support hand must be placed as high on the grip of the handgun as possible."
    • Friction: "we maximize out skin contact with the grip panels"
    • Pressure areas: "The key area is the back of the gun (back strap)." "The support hand should be the gripping hand that applies the most pressure."

PS: I press with the ball of the thumb of my support hand on the grip. This increases friction.
    Last edited by P30; 08-23-2014 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    I thought for over a year that I was correctly using a "thumbs forward grip" because, well, my thumbs *were* pointing forward, and the pad of my support hand *was* properly high on the grip...
    And what was still wrong?

PS: Another great Bill Drill tutorial:

Last edited by P30; 08-23-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    What caliber?
    +1
    Caliber and loads are you using?

There are some loads and pistols that don't work well for me.

I went from a Sig P229 40S&W using 180gr loads to a P30S 9mm.

I don't care for the impulse when shooting 147gr loads and find the standard pressure 124gr seems to have less pronounced recoil.

When looking for a 40S&W I bought a G23 and didn't like the recoil and that was when I didn't have arthritis.

I also don't care for shooting 9mm/40S&W sub compacts

Really prefer the so called heavy handguns like Beretta,Sig P226/P229, M5906 and in revolvers the M686 and GP100 using 38spl+P

User Tag List