Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cheap stuff can be expensive.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    .355 Magnum was pretty available as well during the same period.
    For some reason, the local shops hate that stuff. The Mountain of Geese up on 86th had two boxes all the way through the last drought, but I think they messed up and put the price tag for a case lot on them.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Man, in twenty years I have gone from a rabid .40 S&W fan who thought people clinging to .45 were dinosaurs and 9mm shooters were wimps, to someone who wouldn't really mind at all if the caliber were discontinued tomorrow. It's just snakebit. With hot loads and heavy bullets, it's just running too close to the edge of the performance envelope of the case and half the guns its chambered in. The slightest bit of setback in a 180 turns the cartridge into an overpressure +P++.
    I think guns originally designed for 9mm tend to be problematic in .40 (which might explain the Kel-tec), and the 180 grain round can indeed have setback issues, but I think the M&P 40 and SIG 229 work decently with a 165 gr. round, and the .40 offers some advantages over both the 9 and .45 in certain tactical situations. It isn't a wonder cartridge--but at the right times it can be a useful one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    For some reason, the local shops hate that stuff. The Mountain of Geese up on 86th had two boxes all the way through the last drought, but I think they messed up and put the price tag for a case lot on them.
    I remember in '08 at that very same store I couldn't find a single box of 9mm but if I wanted to set off a very loud and unpleasant 9mm in a too-big case they had all I could buy.

too-big case they had all I could buy.
    That would be why I have a .40 Glock. For the change able barrel.

User Tag List