Page 20 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferguson discussion thread (FERGUDISHU)

Site Supporter
    See 18 United States Code Section 241 regarding non-state actors violating civil rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Is it too much to hope for the Governor of MO to defy the feds, truly defy the feds, if they wish to railroad Officer Wilson into a federal kangaroo court?

Simply refuse to allow Wilson to be arrested by the feds and use every tool in his arsenal, including force, to make it happen.

It's going to take a governor with balls of steel to precipitate the constitutional crisis that this country desperately needs.
    Yes. His recent statements clearly shows that he has no balls.

Is it too much to hope for the Governor of MO to defy the feds, truly defy the feds, if they wish to railroad Officer Wilson into a federal kangaroo court?

Simply refuse to allow Wilson to be arrested by the feds and use every tool in his arsenal, including force, to make it happen.

It's going to take a governor with balls of steel to precipitate the constitutional crisis that this country desperately needs.
    Perhaps this is out of my lane, but personally I think Holders presence is just government riot-prevention.

When this officer is no billed, Holder will be there to say "charges will be considered for violation of X YZ civil right statue, blah blah etc." Which eliminates the perceived justification for a riot by the masses-especially because Holder is black. Yeah, that's jacked up that people care about the skin color of our public servants, but here we are. The anticulture in black America will have no leg to stand on if they go militant with Holder around.

Once the heat dies down Holder and Co. packs up for DC and the media goes back to what haircut Kanye West has right now.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Perhaps this is out of my lane, but personally I think Holders presence is just government riot-prevention.

When this officer is no billed, Holder will be there to say "charges will be considered for violation of X YZ civil right statue, blah blah etc." Which eliminates the perceived justification for a riot by the masses-especially because Holder is black. Yeah, that's jacked up that people care about the skin color of our public servants, but here we are. The anticulture in black America will have no leg to stand on if they go militant with Holder around.

Once the heat dies down Holder and Co. packs up for DC and the media goes back to what haircut Kanye West has right now.
    I hope you're right

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    See 18 United States Code Section 241 regarding non-state actors violating civil rights.
    No dice. Zimmerman acted alone. Besides, there is no civil right to assault someone so Traaaayvon's "rights" were not violated in any case.

Site Supporter
    No dice. Zimmerman acted alone. Besides, there is no civil right to assault someone so Traaaayvon's "rights" were not violated in any case.
    I assume the potential charge would have been 18 USC S 249.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I assume the potential charge would have been 18 USC S 249.
    That's why one keeps quiet about motivation

Site Supporter
    No dice. Zimmerman acted alone.
    Quite so. This post:

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    was just meant to illustrate, by using an example, that you were wrong about this:

Can a non-state actor violate someone's civil rights?

I don't think so.

Has anyone heard about any riots related to this?

It had seemed to the four clean-cut college freshman that night like a typical McDonald’s: spanking clean, well-lighted, and safe. It was in a good neighborhood too, right next to Texas A&M University in College Station – a campus known for its friendly atmosphere and official down-home greeting: “howdy”

Out on a double date, the two couples pulled into the parking lot of so-called “University McDonald’s” shortly after 2 a.m. that Sunday – and beheld a scene unlike anything portrayed in all those wholesome McDonald’s television commercials. Before them, hundreds of young black males were loitering about, some without shirts.

Other local residents — the more cynical and world-weary, both whites and most blacks — would have taken one look at the crowd and driven off, dismissing many of the young and posturing black males as thugs. But not them: innocent white kids from the suburbs. They presumed this was post-racial America — and that they were in an easy-going college town.

Twenty minutes later, two of them were dead...

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Has anyone heard about any riots related to this?
    No, but there should have been

User Tag List