Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferguson discussion thread (FERGUDISHU)

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    ...I gotta believe that most of these rifles are loaded with rubber bullets and the shotguns with bean-bags, pepper-rounds, or rubber pellets, especially since they are pointing them at ...people. I gotta believe if these were lethal rounds that guns would be at low ready instead of pointed right at the crowd.

Cody

Do .223 rubber bullets even exist? I thought rubber bullets looked like this:

Name:  article-2058726-004CAA5000000258-858_468x310.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  35.8 KB

Or this:

Name:  433193002.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  18.7 KB

Or this:

Name:  Ryan_Reilly_earplugs.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  76.8 KB

Yes, they do exist. http://www.conceptsinammunition.com/...oducts/223.htm I started another thread to talk about non-lethal ammo.
    In this thread I was hoping to find out what the police are using there in Ferguson.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The shotguns with the orange furniture are the only ones without real warshots in the chambers.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Why is it that the people who vote for big government and/or Law'N'Order are out there complaining the loudest when they get it?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dbateman View Post
    Yes.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by dbateman View Post
    Police in Au are also restrained by a multitude of laws regulations and codes.... You would't like them.
    That depends on how they are different, and whether I am a police officer or not

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I thought rubber bullets looked like this:

Or this:

Name:  Ryan_Reilly_earplugs.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  76.8 KB
    Not sure if serious

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Not sure if serious
    This is my serious face.

Name:  seriousface.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  61.4 KB

Re; Earplugs. Yes he was serious. As I posted above, that was tweeted by the 'justice' reporter for the HuffPo. Later on he confirmed he was serious, apologized for the mistake on the grounds that it had been a 'long night.'

I think trying to have a discussion about the "militarization of police" or the "police state" during a riot; and yes I view Fergudishi as a riot not a protest; is pretty useless. A response to a riot is a much different animal than standard day to day operations. A riot with people throwing Molotovs is probably the best example where very aggressive tactics are warranted to protect the innocent, the LEO and property.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The shotguns with the orange furniture are the only ones without real warshots in the chambers.
    Do we know that to be a fact for the officers holding shotguns on unarmed protesters in Ferguson? Is the "orange furniture" a universally enforced rule?
    It seems to me to be incredibly stupid to be holding a shotgun loaded with lethal ammo on unarmed protesters (vast majority are unarmed). That is just asking for another Michael Brown incident. I could see holding the shotgun at low cover, but I saw video of them pointing shotguns directly at protesters.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List