Thread: PRS (Precision Rifle Series) found cheaters and fixed the problem

PRS (Precision Rifle Series) found cheaters and fixed the problem

https://www.precisionrifleseries.com...actiscore_.pdf

Excellent writeup, decisive action taken.
    #RESIST

Wow.

Interesting to see the background of the second dude by googling his name, assuming it’s the same dude and his prior service claims are legit.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Unfortunately this happens, and PractiScore recently put in a feature where edits stand out and show any changes.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Wow.

Interesting to see the background of the second dude by googling his name, assuming it’s the same dude and his prior service claims are legit.
    Yeah, that was a let down. Hopefully all concerned bounce back.
    #RESIST

I forwarded this to a LR/PR friend, will see if he comments.

I am not familiar with the outfit. Are there large prizes to be had?

Pre-match announcement at a CAS shoot: "If you are willing to do something dishonest or unsafe to win a trophy, raise your hand and we will give you a trophy and you won't even have to shoot."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I forwarded this to a LR/PR friend, will see if he comments.

I am not familiar with the outfit. Are there large prizes to be had?

Pre-match announcement at a CAS shoot: "If you are willing to do something dishonest or unsafe to win a trophy, raise your hand and we will give you a trophy and you won't even have to shoot."
    Yes, lots of valuable prizes donated by manufacturers.
    #RESIST

Right, just heard back from friend who shoots at K&M.

"Thousands of dollars. The top finishers get checks and high dollar gear."

There was a USPSA cheater a while back, too.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

That Proctor guy just finished his cardiology fellowship last year. That is a hell of a way to start your career. If he was practicing in my area, I don't know if I can ever look at him and not have doubts. Then again the medical field is filled with cheaters. Looking at the 2nd guy, looks like he is an ICU nurse...great. Kudos to PRS though, it looks like they did a great job investigating/acting on this.

Site Supporter
    Unfortunately I’ve seen PRS cheating first hand. RO on glass not calling hits for some, calling “ghost” hits for others. Or “Oh, I didn’t see that one- must have been a hit.” With that type of competition, you are at the mercy of the person behind the spotting scope/binos. It’s not like you can walk down to the target and argue a hit. But editing the score sheet after the fact takes it to a whole new level. I’ve enjoyed PRS matches for the past two years, but even before this I’ve started to distance myself from them. We had a fun local match that everyone enjoyed. Then they made it a “PRS sanctioned” match and jacked the match fee up by $30. 90% of the shooters aren’t even PRS members, and couldn’t care less about their PRS points.

User Tag List