Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferguson discussion thread (FERGUDISHU)

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    GardoneVT: can I steal that?
    Me too?

Dammit that was a good post GardoneVT.

OHIO REVISED CODE

2917.05 Use of force to suppress riot or in protecting persons or property during riot.
    A law enforcement officer or fireman, engaged in suppressing riot or in protecting persons or property during riot:

(A) Is justified in using force, other than deadly force, when and to the extent he has probable cause to believe such force is necessary to disperse or apprehend rioters;

(B) Is justified in using force, including deadly force, when and to the extent he has probable cause to believe such force is necessary to disperse or apprehend rioters whose conduct is creating a substantial risk of serious physical harm to persons.

Effective Date: 01-01-1974
    Breaking windows and stealing would be difficult to argue were the justifiable reasons for using deadly force in OH. Arson? Yep, I'd say it justifies deadly force. Fireman are going to try to put out the fire, which places them in jeopardy. People will try to save their valuables from burnings buildings, which puts them in jeopardy. And for sure trying to throw a Molotov Cocktail at anyone will justify someone getting shot.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Straight up, if I see someone trying to light a building on fire, whatever that building might be, and there is ANY chance, no matter how slight, there are people inside, I am shooting that fire lighter dude right there in his tracks.

Arson and Agg. Arson are VERY serious felony crimes here in KS
    As they should be. People die in fires from arson all the time, including firemen who die while putting them out. Arson is a very serious crime, and classically at common law it was a capital crime.

Google the Happy Land Social Club and the Bath School Bombing for my thoughts on how important it is to drop Arsonists as violent felons.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Of course, the media and what seems like most of this country have no issues with seeing this....because they are cops so they deserve it rather than protecting themselves:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Of course, the media and what seems like most of this country have no issues with seeing this....because they are cops so they deserve it rather than protecting themselves:

What incident is that from? Is it Ferguson?
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Greece. Hit with a Molotov Cocktail........just so folks know what happens when harmless protestors throw them.

Throwing Molotovs should generate a shot from a designated shooter on a building somewhere close by.

^ ^ ^ Agree.

Reporter was just threatened. Posted on reddit.

Paul Hampel @phampel
    Follow
    The crowd of young men is growing here and one of them just told me that I had better leave if I want to leave alive. #Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Throwing Molotovs should generate a shot from a designated shooter on a building somewhere close by.
    Agreed.

I don't understand the mentality that burning down a neighborhood does not warrant lethal force. Would you let a drug cartel do it? Would you let a foreign army do it?

Moreso, I've seen human beings burn to death, and I've also seen other human beings die or suffer lifelong illness from smoke inhalation. I do not plan on becoming one of them. If I believe a person intends to maliciously set my property on fire, or an adjacent structure that poses a definite risk to mine....you're getting shot. Being afraid of race riots in the neighborhood I just moved out of, I had resolved in myself that anyone with a molotov approaching my block was getting a TAP T2 to the dome, and honest to god that did in fact shape my purchase of a DMR/Recce style AR15. Fire spreads way, way more viciously than anyone will believe until they see a working fire, and I sure as shit wouldn't count on a fire department for a rapid response (if at all...and justifiably so) during a riot.

So, I agree with the bulk of you who state that the tolerance of this behavior/action is not progress towards a better society. Peaceful protest is awesome. Public disobedience is awesome. Smashing some stuff up deserves the brute squad. Once molotovs come into play? That's a whole different ball game, especially in a dense city.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List