Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferguson discussion thread (FERGUDISHU)

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    You really do live in liberal fantasy land.
    Your smilie didn't come through. Looks dickish without it and I know that's not how you meant it.

I know this will never happen willingly, but one day I'd like to see all police service removed from the US for a period of a month.

Rural areas and most red suburban areas will do fine on the overall. They will be an uptick in mostly property crimes but soon enough the good people will start putting some violence back onto the losers and dirtbags.

It's the large blue urban areas that will become cesspools of crime and violence. Right where the self-righteous libtards/yuppies/hipsters live. Now that would be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Your smilie didn't come through. Looks dickish without it and I know that's not how you meant it.
    Did it on my phone. Sometimes my fat fingers can't hit the thing right. I fixed it on the IPad when I saw it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I know this will never happen willingly, but one day I'd like to see all police service removed from the US for a period of a month.
    Within a decade they may not have to be removed because they may not be there. I don't think the general public knows how bad the situation is. No one wants to be a cop anymore. (why would they) When I came on the job there were over three thousand people who applied for my academy class of twenty five recruits. For our upcoming class we had less than two hundred people just show up and take the initial exam. What kind of a pool is that to draw from? We're not an exception, but the national norm. We keep having retirements and we can't fill those positions, we're fading away by simple attrition. If things don't change, within a decade there may not be enough peace officers left to do the peacing and you'll all be on your own. Having spent years working in rural "red" areas I disagree with your optimistic view of their motivations and abilities. They'll be just as f***ed as the blue areas. Stupidity and criminal opportunism don't recognize polical affiliations.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I was going to start a new thread, but I figured since I haven't really posted much here I would share this on this thread. A good friend of mine that does psychological research and does some writing for Psychology Today just released this post discussing some current research on how people make decisions when have to decide whether or not to shoot (spoiler alert: cops and civilians were not nearly as likely to shoot at minorities as the MSM would have you think).

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ess-the-button

Because dead cops are not a big deal for city and police administrators. It brings positive attention to them. They get to put on their commander bling bling suits and be in mourning. They are flooded with attention a to the tragedy. They get to be the good guys in the eyes of the local politicians and populace for a week. Dead cops have no effect other than positives for the brass and politicians. They risked nothing and gained a lot. Ever see any of them ride the wave of mourning into more money and time for better training? Better equipment? Or do those things come from way down the chain? Do they ever take a bit of responsibility for those deaths, often due to poor or non-exisistant realistic training?
    So, a dead cop is FAR better for police executives and politicians than a dead crook.
    You mind if I share this elsewhere?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Within a decade they may not have to be removed because they may not be there. I don't think the general public knows how bad the situation is. No one wants to be a cop anymore. (why would they) When I came on the job there were over three thousand people who applied for my academy class of twenty five recruits. For our upcoming class we had less than two hundred people just show up and take the initial exam. What kind of a pool is that to draw from? We're not an exception, but the national norm. We keep having retirements and we can't fill those positions, we're fading away by simple attrition. If things don't change, within a decade there may not be enough peace officers left to do the peacing and you'll all be on your own. Having spent years working in rural "red" areas I disagree with your optimistic view of their motivations and abilities. They'll be just as f***ed as the blue areas. Stupidity and criminal opportunism don't recognize polical affiliations.
    That is a real shame. The statistics show that minorities being shot by cops are dramatically down, crime is down, and our communities are safer. Perhaps one thing is the LEO agencies need to do a better job of advertising their successes. But I also think the laws themselves create resentment, in particular the drug and prostitution laws.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

"How can you put your cops in that situation? How can you live with yourself knowing we have to have police out there to protect us and to take these risks for us and to sometimes lay down our lives for us, like Richard Herzog? How can you look in the mirror with your phony narrative when you know that is the situation you're putting our cops in?"

Because dead cops are not a big deal for city and police administrators. It brings positive attention to them. They get to put on their commander bling bling suits and be in mourning. They are flooded with attention a to the tragedy. They get to be the good guys in the eyes of the local politicians and populace for a week. Dead cops have no effect other than positives for the brass and politicians. They risked nothing and gained a lot. Ever see any of them ride the wave of mourning into more money and time for better training? Better equipment? Or do those things come from way down the chain? Do they ever take a bit of responsibility for those deaths, often due to poor or non-exisistant realistic training?
    So, a dead cop is FAR better for police executives and politicians than a dead crook.
    It is also becoming the case that it is FAR better to have a bunch of dead soldiers than to have an al-Qaeda leader sitting in Gitmo (Hagel was fired as Sec Def. because he wouldn't sign enough of the statements finding that the wild and crazy party boys in Gitmo weren't a threat to Americans).

It's because cops and soldiers are flyover types, who don't really matter.

However, nyeti, that could have changed. You could have gone from being a flyover type to someone who almost mattered in an instant if you maxed out your political contributions to the mayor, city council and governor and joined the ACLU. Admittedly, you wouldn't have mattered much unless you also allowed the politicians to whom you were contributing to fly around in your private jet, but still you would have mattered more.

In fact, if you also had been a regular donor to Sharpton's and Jackson's organizations, and let them fly around in your private plane, they would have been cool no matter what you did.

The fact that you selfishly kept whatever remained of your paycheck after taxes and expenses for yourself instead of contributing to important social and political movements was, after all, your own choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Having spent years working in rural "red" areas I disagree with your optimistic view of their motivations and abilities. They'll be just as f***ed as the blue areas. Stupidity and criminal opportunism don't recognize polical affiliations.
    It won't take long for good people to realize that the same lack of law enforcement that lets the thugs run wild is also the same lack of law enforcement that becomes the opportunity to take matters into their own hands.

Good people tend to suffer in silence for a long time so long as they hold on to hope or belief that society will eventually punish wrongdoers. Once that belief is gone, people tend to say f*** it, we're going to have justice "our way".

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    You mind if I share this elsewhere?
    Share this one......I originally posted it on a thread on Lightfighter about how departments treat guys who are in shootings. This is a bit better laid out, and has been posted on police bulletin boards in several places........I have been told it is usually pulled down within a day.-

Let me give a sad truth pill that anyone in L/E needs to swallow, no matter where you work. I had a GREAT 2nd phase FTO who was "Mr. Truth Pill" (RIP Pete). One of the most stellar cops to put on a badge. A couple of "Peteisms" that to my amazement all turned out to be true. First words out of his mouth to me-"Son, you are simply a hanger for that uniform for the city and easily replaced. None of these people (indicating the city and brass) really care about you......don't ever forget that". GOD was he right. Also a Peteism......."I'll give the crook a first shot before I kill him (and Pete killed crooks) so they can't give me any shit". As jacked up as that advice was, Pete had worked at several places and been in multi-agency task forces and saw a lot of how cops are treated after shootings......he knew stuff, and was essentially right.

Here is the DB truth pill. Dead cops are FAR easier for the brass and government than dead crooks. They get to put on class "A"'s, offer condolences to the family, talk about "what a hero" the officer was, everybody loves the department, letters and offers of sympathy come in from the community, all the other police executives call and the agency is the center of attention, the paper will write a nice editorial about the loss to the community, nobody protests, the city will approve some sympathy budget crap, they have something to share about how hard their job is ....you know comforting their officers and the widow and kids, no lawsuits to worry about......in cop executive world a dead cop is a TOTAL WIN.
    Compare the above to what a L/E executive has to deal with when one of their people have to kill a crook.......especially if it is anything less than raping a Nun, which would still elicit a "couldn't they have Mace'd them (which I am great with, but the Mace I would use isn't a chemical agent). Which one do you think is easier for the administration? Which one favors a strong leader (there is an extinct animal) vs. an administrator of any strength as they will get cut sympathy slack no matter how they handle an officer death.
    Bitter pill.......you are on your own-PERIOD. They could care less about training you to decisively CRUSH evil people trying to hurt you or those you are tasked with protecting (and are actually averse to it). YOU need to train, YOU need to properly equip yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally for the job. YOU need to invest in your gear and how to use it and care for it. If you don't want to do that (any many don't), you are placing yourself in the hands of those motivated by the the above.
    Essentially, ALL departments do not have your best interests in mind.........some are just more transparent about it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List