Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most reliable .22 pistol?

My Buckmark has been reliable unless I try to feed it the higher power loads such as the CCI Velocitor.
    I have had a couple Ruger MKII' s and shot approximately a jillion rounds through them, to the point the late Austin Behlert commented he had never seen some of the components I wore out, worn out. The Rugers flat out run. There are more aftermarket parts for the Rugers as well. I regret not currently having one/a bunch, and intend to rectify that as soon as I can relocate to America from Maryland.

I've had a couple of Ruger Mark 1's and I now have a Ruger Mark 2. They all run very well. I clean it so seldom that I have to re-read the take down instructions each time.

I agree on the Ruger MK II's as being uber reliable. To me, they are the pinnacle of the Ruger rimfire line.

My Browning Buckmark beats it, though.... when I use the right mag. It seems to be very magazine sensitive.

My Mark II and Mark III 22/45 run great. My wife's Buckmark runs like the Energizer bunny, just keeps going. We shoot it the most and it stays dirty, but runs and is accurate. The SR22 we haven't had any issues with but don't shoot it as much. The revolvers, at least in my experience (Bearcat, Model 63) are great but do need to be cleaned every 100 rounds or so to keep running. My old 3 screw Single Six will run longer than the other two revolvers and on Remington bullets to boot.

I've had good luck with my Ruger SR22.

Site Supporter
    My MkII 22/45 turned 20 years old this year. I've been extremely pleased with it. My experience with other 22LR pistols is very limited though.

Critical to .22 reliability is the ammo. The Rogers School uses CCI AR Tactical ammo, and the M&P reliability they experience is using that ammo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Critical to .22 reliability is the ammo.
    This is absolutely true. A change in the standard rental gun ammunition would change heroes to zeroes overnight in the rental showcase. The Rugers and the older Buckmark were the least likely to be affected.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Critical to .22 reliability is the ammo. The Rogers School uses CCI AR Tactical ammo, and the M&P reliability they experience is using that ammo.
    While that is true, my M&P22 has functioned well with Federal and Winchester bulk, CCI MiniMag, and Winchester SuperSpeed. In fact, it's been less ammo-picky than the Mark III 22/45 I sold to fund its purchase.

I know the OP is asking for reliable pistol but I am going to say any revolver in .22 caliber. My Ruger SP101-22 eats everything.

User Tag List