Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The Islamic State

Interesting times ahead.

Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

Specifically, Judicial Watch sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.

Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source. “It’s coming very soon,” according to this high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, another source confirms...

The disturbing inside intelligence comes on the heels of news reports revealing that U.S. intelligence has picked up increased chatter among Islamist terror networks approaching the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

Whether or not IS has an active plot against the Pope does anyone have any doubt that it would love to murder him just to show it can do so? Indeed, does anyone have any doubt that IS would love to pull a Bombay-style attack on your local shopping mall if it could pull the operation off?

There is no way to know if they will make a run on the Pope or your local shopping mall. But you can be sure that they will be coming West and will be coming specifically to America if they can find a way to do so. Their view is simple. They have a right to rule the world and in that world one will either have to be a Sunni Moslem or die.

The good news is that they are quite open in what they intend to do. The bad news is that since they are primarily Arabs, neither Europe nor the American left will ever agree on us squashing them. Instead, Europe and the American left will assume they are morally superior (after all, they hate America, just like the left!) and will insist that IS be left alone--just like it insisted that the Pakistanis be left alone while 250 of them raped one young teenage girl.

If we listen to the left on the Islamic State, a lot more than 1400 young girls will be raped, and a whole lot of Americans are going to die.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Time to start carrying long guns in the car.

ETA: Jihadis crossing the Southern Border and attempting small-scale, localized attacks might actually result in good things happening in the long run, both from a security standpoint and politically. I'll be saying a prayer tonight for those standing guard.

When. Not if.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    What, is a day that ends in "Y" coming up?

Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

ETA: Jihadis crossing the Southern Border and attempting small-scale, localized attacks might actually result in good things happening in the long run, both from a security standpoint and politically. I'll be saying a prayer tonight for those standing guard.

When. Not if.
    Attacking in Texas, New Mexico or Arizona might be very sobering for AQ/IS as they find that the Southwest US isn't Bombay, and the populace isn't disarmed. But I don't think they will strike there--they've never heard of Pancho Villa. Instead, I think they will focus on NYC, DC, Chicago (Obama's hometown) and LA because they have heard of those places and the purpose of an attack will be to show they strike anywhere. Columbus, New Mexico won't have nearly the international name recognition.

One trouble with that, of course, is that all the cities that they might target are almost as disarmed as Bombay. I doubt they will think of that ahead of time, but it will make their job easier. By contrast, can you imagine attacking a shopping mall in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Attacking in Texas, New Mexico or Arizona might be very sobering for AQ/IS as they find that the Southwest US isn't Bombay, and the populace isn't disarmed. But I don't think they will strike there--they've never heard of Pancho Villa. Instead, I think they will focus on NYC, DC, Chicago (Obama's hometown) and LA because they have heard of those places and the purpose of an attack will be to show they strike anywhere. Columbus, New Mexico won't have nearly the international name recognition.

One trouble with that, of course, is that all the cities that they might target are almost as disarmed as Bombay. I doubt they will think of that ahead of time, but it will make their job easier. By contrast, can you imagine attacking a shopping mall in Texas?
    I understand your point, but I can envision them attacking a shopping mall here in Texas. On Black Friday, at about 10 am. Do it in a major mall in Dallas or Austin where you have hordes of intelligentsia who would never carry those loud icky guns.

I can think of several malls here in the Texas burbs where the return gunfire would be prompt and plentiful. But much like active shooters who murder innocents in gun-free zones such as schools, I doubt these folks would try a shoot'em up in the parking lot of Bass Pro or Cabela's. Or as Tam would say, "CabeGeesePro's".

Obviously, I do hope they never do any such thing anywhere.

Just my dos centavos.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I understand your point, but I can envision them attacking a shopping mall here in Texas. On Black Friday, at about 10 am. Do it in a major mall in Dallas or Austin where you have hordes of intelligentsia who would never carry those loud icky guns.
    I've been saying that for coming up on 13 years. The seem addicted to flash, though.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    That source doesn't inspire my confidence.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I can think of several malls here in the Texas burbs where the return gunfire would be prompt and plentiful. But much like active shooters who murder innocents in gun-free zones such as schools, I doubt these folks would try a shoot'em up in the parking lot of Bass Pro or Cabela's. Or as Tam would say, "CabeGeesePro's".

Obviously, I do hope they never do any such thing anywhere.

Just my dos centavos.
    A more effective set of targets would be malls in middle America at relatively anonymous cities. If Des Moines IA and Kalamazoo MI go up in smoke due to international terorrism, NYC and LA residents will be living on pins and needles waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Were I an evil international bad guy, that's what I'd do.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Well, I was just told that the plan I could keep if I wanted to keep, period, will be cancelled because FedGov doesn't think it is a plan I should be able to keep if I want to keep it, period. Which means that I too might soon have Obamacares to export, but I don't know how to keep the Hague from finding out. My guess, though, is that IS would last no more than a day after adopting it so it is worth further exploration.
    I don't like government mandated & run healthcare any more than the next guy.

But come on...........

Implying that forcing the AHA on a terrorist or extremist group would somehow find it's nemesis and ultimate destruction in ObamaCare is a little much.

User Tag List