Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: The Islamic State

Evidently it is legal for German civilians to go fight with the Kurds against ISIS.
    Thanks, guys. Kick some ass.

http://conservativetribune.com/bikers-for-kurds/
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I wonder if any Allied leaders or politicians called for empathy for the enemy whilst their respective nations were engaged in war with the Axis Powers?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I wonder if any Allied leaders or politicians called for empathy for the enemy whilst their respective nations were engaged in war with the Axis Powers?
    You know this has been at the front of my mind ever since the "Torture Report" was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    You know this has been at the front of my mind ever since the "Torture Report" was released.
    Here is another question. There are a lot of vets here. How many of you went through SERE training in which all the enhanced interrogation techniques--water boarding, slapping around, sleep deprivation, the "box" were used on you? They told us that they used these techniques on us because they were approved as being just short of torture, and thus could be used on American servicemen in training.

However, the majority staff of the Senate Intelligence Committee deems them to be torture without even trying to prove the point. If that is the case, why were they allowed to be used on us? (And as far as I know, are still being used). Could it be that the lefties in Washington think Moslem terrorists have more rights than US military members? Or is it all simply a cynical partisan attack and to hell with the national security difficulties they are creating?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Here is another question. There are a lot of vets here. How many of you went through SERE training in which all the enhanced interrogation techniques--water boarding, slapping around, sleep deprivation, the "box" were used on you? They told us that they used these techniques on us because they were approved as being just short of torture, and thus could be used on American servicemen in training.

However, the majority staff of the Senate Intelligence Committee deems them to be torture without even trying to prove the point. If that is the case, why were they allowed to be used on us? (And as far as I know, are still being used). Could it be that the lefties in Washington think Moslem terrorists have more rights than US military members? Or is it all simply a cynical partisan attack and to hell with the national security difficulties they are creating?
    The core problem is, they don't understand warfare.

If you teach someone across 18+ years of time in education that all your enemies can be reasoned with and further there are no legitimate uses for violence,soon you get this. Even if the bad guy is a horrendous, unrepentant murderer -its wrong to hurt him back. There's folks in our society who think hunting down Osama Bin Laden was wrong despite Sept 11th-ive met a few of them.

When a society loses the will to fight when necessary ,it'll get conquered by one which hasn't. We aren't at that point yet, but give it time....
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    When a society loses the will to fight when necessary ,it'll get conquered by one which hasn't. We aren't at that point yet, but give it time....
    Oh come on. We only have 5000+ years of recorded human history that proves your point, what the hell do you know?

That said, I disagree with your second point. Except for a few holdouts (which are vilified by the establishment), I think we are pretty much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Oh come on. We only have 5000+ years of recorded human history that proves your point, what the hell do you know?

That said, I disagree with your second point. Except for a few holdouts (which are vilified by the establishment), I think we are pretty much there.
    I'm not sure that is totally correct. Most of our political leaders are surrounded by bodyguards armed with the best SIG and H&K have to offer. They might talk about peace and love to some of their constituents, they don't practice it when it comes to their personal safety.

Nor does a large part of the leftist base adhere to the non-violence mantra anymore. They thought it was a crime to kill OBL because they thought 9/11 was justified since it was on the "little Eichmans" of the US. They love the Ferguson rioting and some of them are daily demanding that someone start shooting cops.

So it isn't they've lost the will the fight. Our politicians will authorize the use of force to protect themselves, their property and their poll numbers, while the increasingly large left-wing base has a huge appetite for violence so long as it is directed against fellow Americans. While there are a fair number of more moderate lefties who are generally against violence, many of them can at least tolerate it if it is used against, say, cops.

We aren't going to be overrun by organized barbarians from outside the country. We are going to be overrun by our own domestic barbarians if we are overrun. Not yet, though, because middle America has a lot of people who can hit the target when they shoot, and the lefties don't. They have to train their own Brownshirts and secret police before they can take over, and given that most lefties aren't too fond of work, that might take a while.

Site Supporter
    Texas plumber's old truck resurfaces in Syria, mounted with terrorists' guns

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/17...in-syrian-war/

A Texas plumber has been receiving threats after a photo emerged of Islamic extremists in Syria firing a high-powered gun from the bed of his old pickup, which still bears his company's logo on the door.

An extremist group, Ansar al-Deen Front, posted the photo of its fighters aboard the Ford F-250 sometime on Monday. That prompted a flood of calls to Mark Oberholtzer, who owns Mark-1 Plumbing in Texas City, and has nothing to do with Syria's bloody civil war.

"How it ended up in Syria, I'll never know," Oberholtzer told The Galveston Daily News.

User Tag List