Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USCA Carbine 2-Gun Match, Peacemaker Aug 9

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    And this is why I hate gun games.
    Kevin,
    What part are you commenting on? The whole debate about rules?
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I don't even like clearing after a stage...

The dump barrels etc - I just find them an annoying artificiality.

I'd rather USCA and 3 Gun run something like the Black Badge course to be able to walk and chew gum.

Several years ago in FL (Orlando 3 Gun), I had a mechanical breakdown with the shotgun (extractor and ejector issue empty shell in gun with tube still full) - and the problem solver that I am, I transitioned to pistol by dropping shotty -- you'd have thought I murdered a busload of nuns they way they wigged the F out.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

No matter what, be it competition or no, it's just absolutely no fun whatsoever to have to put up with folks that've made a career out of cranking their personal and organizational risk-aversion dials from "sensible" to "crippling."

The dump barrels etc - I just find them an annoying artificiality.
    I'd rather USCA and 3 Gun run something like the Black Badge course to be able to walk and chew gum.
    Several years ago in FL (Orlando 3 Gun), I had a mechanical breakdown with the shotgun (extractor and ejector issue empty shell in gun with tube still full) - and the problem solver that I am, I transitioned to pistol by dropping shotty -- you'd have thought I murdered a busload of nuns they way they wigged the F out.
    I completely agree that the level of risk aversion continues to rise in our society. The rewarding of lawyers and clients from liability lawsuits, health care technologies, an unnatural fear of death/injury, and many other factors seem to combine into a increasingly risk averse society. Then, we try to paper-over the liabilities by enacting feel-good laws that are ineffective except that it appears to the public that politicians did something about it. Insurance companies and corporations enact feel-good policies as well.

All that being said: As long as a shooting competition doesn't make it unfair for people to compete, then I have no issues with the safety rules, even if dumb. The only issues I have with dump barrels/buckets is that I should be able to dump my shotgun and rifle in the same barrel. The other issue I have, frankly, is I think all handguns should be unloaded before dumping in the bucket...for practical reasons: No one can go downrange to score the targets while the handgun is loaded, and that takes time. It's always a challenge to keep matches running on-time, and I would like to see all pistols cleared before they go in the bucket. We don't have to wait on the shooter to come clear the gun. A squad member can verify it's clear and pasting/scoring can be done and the pistol re-holstered at the end.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Me either. I prefer a hot range to a cold one.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    The only issues I have with dump barrels/buckets is that I should be able to dump my shotgun and rifle in the same barrel.
    That gets me too -- I fail to see why I can't put 4-5 guns in some of those barrels.

Frankly I prefer (IF WE REALLY HAVE TO) put a gun down on a table facing into the berm at a 45degree or so forward.

My suppressor burned a hole in the barrel this weekend in three gun
    Last edited by JV_; 09-17-2014 at 01:34 PM.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

I see Peacemaker has another 2 gun match set for the 11th of next month. Anybody going to give it another try? I’m undecided if I’m going to do it or not.
    I have never tried two gun, I was going to try three gun but I’m just not into shotguns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I see Peacemaker has another 2 gun match set for the 11th of next month. Anybody going to give it another try? I’m undecided if I’m going to do it or not.
    I have never tried two gun, I was going to try three gun but I’m just not into shotguns.
    I'll be there. I'm going to write the MD with some more ideas for stages to see if he'll build some stages more in the spirit of USCA. If you want to try 3 gun without worrying about getting the shotgun and all the gear, you're free to use my shotgun and shell caddies, just let me know before hand so we can squad together.

The funny thing is I bought a Versa Max tactical and some shell caddies back in March just for the purpose of getting into 3 gun but decided the whole shotgun aspect just didn’t appeal to me.

I’m sure my wife thinks I’m crazy for spending that much money and not using it.

I shot the second 2 gun match at PNTC this morning. They no longer requiring a show clear when transitioning from the rife to pistol. You still had to clear it prior to drawing your pistol, you just didn’t have to show it beforehand. There was only one stage that went from rifle to pistol, the other three went pistol to rifle and required dumping the pistol in a bucket, no holstering.

As far as shooting 2 gun? I had a good time and will certainly be shooting it in the future. As far as equipment? The three power ACOG seemed to work well and help with the longer ranges targets and didn’t slow me down too much on the closer stuff. The M9 worked fine but USCA rules require that it stays on safe even when holstered (unlike USPSA). It screwed me up a couple of time because I’m not used to it.

User Tag List