Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USCA Carbine 2-Gun Match, Peacemaker Aug 9

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I'm not sure if PNTC is going to host another USCA match or just do their own two gun from now on. They don't like letting people transition from a formerly hot carbine, or allowing hot reholstering. Both are allowed by the USCA rules.

2 gun is definitely a lot easier to get into than 3 gun. The shotgun is really the only gun that needs modification to work for 3 gun, so eliminating it and the required support gear means that a lot more gun owners have the required guns and gear to compete.
    York IWLA in PA offers their own 2gun match, kinda sorta FNH rules, but they add pistol-only divisions and make the COF pistol capable.
    Check them out at: yorkpistol.blogspot.com
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    If you don't have KMR, Geissele and a $2,800 optic u can't gun, bro.
    You can do an entry-level Stag 3G with a Bushnell 1-4x24 223reticle non-illuminated scope for about $1500. That has a Geiselle trigger stock, 18" barrel, rifle length gas, full length forend, adjustable stock, etc. There are plenty of mid-level rifles you can get and a few decent $200-350 scopes that will make you competitive.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I want this to work, so badly. Really put off by the Peacemaker rules.
    The problem is they have too many amateurs that just aren't that safe. I am not that upset with the inability to holster a hot pistol...but stage designs must be better.
    Cody

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    The problem is they have too many amateurs that just aren't that safe. I am not that upset with the inability to holster a hot pistol...but stage designs must be better.
    Cody
    Both of those problems can be fixed with good stage design. Holstering a hot pistol is technically legal in USPSA, but nobody does it because it is never beneficial to do during a stage. It isn't that hard to do the same thing in a multigun match, but it simply requires a little more thought on the part of the MD.

You can do an entry-level Stag 3G with a Bushnell 1-4x24 223reticle non-illuminated scope for about $1500. That has a Geiselle trigger stock, 18" barrel, rifle length gas, full length forend, adjustable stock, etc. There are plenty of mid-level rifles you can get and a few decent $200-350 scopes that will make you competitive.
    Cody
    I've won a few 2-gun matches with nothing more than a 6920 with a bushy1-6 and a G19.
    If you have A carbine, you are good to go.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Both of those problems can be fixed with good stage design. Holstering a hot pistol is technically legal in USPSA, but nobody does it because it is never beneficial to do during a stage. It isn't that hard to do the same thing in a multigun match, but it simply requires a little more thought on the part of the MD.
    I did not attend the match but those who have done USCA in FL and now at PeaceMaker said this one was a major let down.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I did not attend the match but those who have done USCA in FL and now at PeaceMaker said this one was a major let down.
    The stages definitely could have used a lot more hard cover, no shoots, and partial targets to add a more realistic shooting experience, but I don't see Cole/Peacemaker ever allowing hot reholstering or transitions from a formerly hot carbine. One injury caused by something that is generally not allowed, or at least seriously discouraged, by other shooting competitions is enough to potentially end any range.

The stages definitely could have used a lot more hard cover, no shoots, and partial targets to add a more realistic shooting experience, but I don't see Cole/Peacemaker ever allowing hot reholstering or transitions from a formerly hot carbine. One injury caused by something that is generally not allowed, or at least seriously discouraged, by other shooting competitions is enough to potentially end any range.
    Yeah, I gotta wonder why they included those in the rules. The liabilities are just too great.
    I am not sure it adds to much to the match, either. I would be fine with dump barrel OR showing clear and then retaining. We did that at Tidewater, and it was fine. I was able to finish the pistol work, drop the mag and eject the round and reholster while I was moving to the VTAC barricade for the rifle part. The SO was watching the whole time. I thought it was fine.
    Cody

Hot holstering has already been covered ad nauseam in direct relation to USCA.
    Down here, we are pretty much setting up the stage to give a dump opportunity if going from pistol to carbine.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Yeah, I gotta wonder why they included those in the rules. The liabilities are just too great.
    I am not sure it adds to much to the match, either. I would be fine with dump barrel OR showing clear and then retaining. We did that at Tidewater, and it was fine. I was able to finish the pistol work, drop the mag and eject the round and reholster while I was moving to the VTAC barricade for the rifle part. The SO was watching the whole time. I thought it was fine.
    Cody
    And this is why I hate gun games.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

User Tag List