Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USCA Carbine 2-Gun Match, Peacemaker Aug 9

USCA Carbine 2-Gun Match, Peacemaker Aug 9

I shot and SO'd for the 2Gun match in the afternoon at Peacemaker.

Here are my thoughts:
    Stage 1 was really great except it was difficult to keep track of the targets in the woods, but that made it fun and challenging. The far targets were under 200 yards and I thought they were good. They made us run a good distance, which I don't have a problem with, but thought it was unnecessary.

Stages 2-4 were pretty much the same: lots of paper targets in a row, some at different heights, at about 75 yards with your rifle, and a bunch of steel pistol targets.

I did enjoy Stage 3 pistol targets where I didn't have a single miss on about 14 pieces of small pistol steel. I enjoyed the rifle shooting position for Stage 3, although I didn't go prone some did...and I think they regretted it...dust storm!!!!

Two shots on each paper seems kinda costly on ammo....and unnecessary.

I enjoyed some parts, but I enjoy 3gun better. I miss the variety provided by shotgun targets.

I also enjoyed the use of the rifle sling, and being forced to carry your rifle...that was fun.

My recommendations:
    - Limit the sequential target arrays to 6.
    - Stage designs need more varieties of target engagements.
    - Stages should be shorter.
    - A LOT more use of non-threat targets.
    - Use Target identification scenarios.
    - A lot more use of cover.

Just my thoughts.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    I pretty much agree with everything you said, except I thought stage 1 was a terrible 180 trap for newer shooters and I didn't like the show clear to transition rule that PNTC was enforcing.

Thanks for the reports. I really need to find the time to do that match in the near future.

I have absolutely zero 3 gun/2 gun experience. I shoot USPSA pistol and I am comfortable with rules/range commands but I'm slightly intimidated by a new gun game. Would this be a nice low stress entry to 2 gun?

Also, any videos?

Thanks
    Harold

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Thanks for the reports. I really need to find the time to do that match in the near future.

I have absolutely zero 3 gun/2 gun experience. I shoot USPSA pistol and I am comfortable with rules/range commands but I'm slightly intimidated by a new gun game. Would this be a nice low stress entry to 2 gun?

Also, any videos?

Thanks
    Harold
    I'm not sure if PNTC is going to host another USCA match or just do their own two gun from now on. They don't like letting people transition from a formerly hot carbine, or allowing hot reholstering. Both are allowed by the USCA rules.

2 gun is definitely a lot easier to get into than 3 gun. The shotgun is really the only gun that needs modification to work for 3 gun, so eliminating it and the required support gear means that a lot more gun owners have the required guns and gear to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    2 gun is definitely a lot easier to get into than 3 gun. The shotgun is really the only gun that needs modification to work for 3 gun, so eliminating it and the required support gear means that a lot more gun owners have the required guns and gear to compete.

Yup, I don't own a shotgun so... I don't really have a gamer carbine but I have all sorts of pieces I bet I could scrounge up something to compete with.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Yup, I don't own a shotgun so... I don't really have a gamer carbine but I have all sorts of pieces I bet I could scrounge up something to compete with.
    If you don't have KMR, Geissele and a $2,800 optic u can't gun, bro.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    If you don't have KMR, Geissele and a $2,800 optic u can't gun, bro.
    Well, obviously.

As you can see from the carbine I shot last weekend:

Nobody puts Non-Gamer-Carbine in the corner!

I want this to work, so badly. Really put off by the Peacemaker rules.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I want this to work, so badly. Really put off by the Peacemaker rules.
    I'm betting they'll go to dump barrels. I think the allowance for slinging a formerly hot gun or hot holstering are the reasons that USCA is still only at 5 or so ranges. Most range owners are not going to be ok with allowing either of those things. I think sling an empty carbine on penalty of DQ if it turns out to be loaded is ok, assuming the sling keeps the muzzle from pointing at anyone while on sling.

User Tag List