Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Compact...22

M&P Compact...22

I found this last night. I already want one.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...22compact.html
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    I found this last night. I already want one.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...22compact.html
    I don't understand it.

S&W = We listen to the Voice of the Customer.

Customer = Make us a Glock 19 sized 9mm.

S&W = Okay, here is a Glock 19 sized .22 that that we have made in Germany that doesn't match any of our other gun sizes.

Customer = That isn't what I wanted.

S&W = Yes it was. You just don't know it. We polled our customers, didn't you get the questionaire? If you didn't, that is because you suck and we hate you.

I don't understand it either. It isn't shaped or sized like any of the service-caliber M&P's, not even the .45 Compact. I fail to see what advantage this has versus the standard M&P22.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    I don't understand it either. It isn't shaped or sized like any of the service-caliber M&P's, not even the .45 Compact. I fail to see what advantage this has versus the standard M&P22.
    Likely not marketed to those of us, who are likely a very small percentage of the gun buying public, who want a .22 understudy gun.....they already have that.

I'm thinking they are going after the .22 plinker/casual user crowd...competing with the Ruger SR22 and 22/45, Sig mosquito, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    Likely not marketed to those of us, who are likely a very small percentage of the gun buying public, who want a .22 understudy gun.....they already have that.

I'm thinking they are going after the .22 plinker/casual user crowd...competing with the Ruger SR22 and 22/45, Sig mosquito, etc.
    Yes, this. I have an M&P22 full size and while I enjoy it for what it is, it is probably a little large for kids. This compact will work for kids. I read somewhere else that it takes the same mags too.

For the plinker on the go..
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Would be perfect for my 11 year old.
    The M&P22 is just a bit too large all around for him to manipulate, he can do it but a slightly smaller pistol would be perfect.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Umarex is laughing all the way to the bank with their P-22. When it's raining soup, you're a fool to not stick a bowl out the window. (cf. S&W Governor.)

ETA: It seems to be closest to the Shield in dimensions.
    Last edited by Tamara; 08-14-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Just look at the site. Cans exploding and a hashtag? I don't think SeriousPistolShooter is the target demographic.

I'd absolutely be interested in one for a 10 year old.
    Sheep Have Wool

May be a nice OMG. Headhunter says the regular M&P .22's at Rogers Shooting School are bombproof.

User Tag List