Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Compact...22

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    The full size M&P22 does not...

This need a MRDS (Yes I am going to do this)
    The ultimate backyard squirrel gun.

when is Smith and Wesson going to come out with a 22 caliber version of the shield?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    This need a MRDS (Yes I am going to do this)
    Well, you kinda have to, now.

*taps toe waiting for pics*

(Although, now that you mention it, I wonder how much that'll effect reliability on a gun that already has to use an aluminum slide for reliable cycling? If you do take the plunge, I'd be seriously interested in knowing how it works out.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    when is Smith and Wesson going to come out with a 22 caliber version of the shield?
    It's pretty close to the same size as the Shield.

I will get a comparison photo tomorrow.

It's pretty close to the same size as the Shield.
    You are not helping, LOL.

I agree with VolGrad, .22s are mainly fun guns. I have a S&W 2214 that's probably an excellent back packing pistol, but is mainly just a hoot to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Comparison pictures of the Shield w/8rd mag and the M&P Compact 22.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

No joke, first thing I said to the S&W reps when I picked it up was "hey, this feels like a .22 LR Shield, that's pretty rad!"

M&P Compact...22

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    No joke, first thing I said to the S&W reps when I picked it up was "hey, this feels like a .22 LR Shield, that's pretty rad!"
    Hey, if it's not a back-up to a ninja blaster or a training version of the same then what's the point? Don't you know shooting isn't a sport? It's a way of life or death. No one shoots for fun any more. If it's not part of a meticulous training regimen whereas every single round has a purpose .... Well, you get my point. Don't waste your ammo.

Update; forgot the winky face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry if some of the words don't make sense. I promise I'm literate.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    No one shoots for fun any more
    I'm a throwback to an earlier age (perhaps in more ways than one ). If it isn't fun, I'm not going to shoot it.

Reading the announcement I didn't really see what the point of this gun was until I played with one today. They are made by S&W, not Walther and the gun seems to be of higher quality than the full size M&P .22. The sights are much better and the safety clicks into position as it should, where the other one's safety.. smooshes into position (pretty sure that's not the technical term). The trigger is similar to a stock centerfire M&P and the gun overall feels like a mix between the shield and M&P compact in the hand. Comes stock with a threaded barrel but per the rep, no adapter (where the SR-22 TB also comes with the adapter). I didn't ask how many magazines it comes with, and the magazine does not look like the FS .22's magazine. For a suppressor host, I currently have a 22/45 Lite and was previously considering either a SR-22 or PPQ .22 but after playing with the M&P compact .22, I think I'll end up buying it.

User Tag List