Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know much about .32 H&R Magnum?

The Federal .32 Mag ammo has always been spotty as far as consistency goes, not to mention brass quality.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The Federal 95gr SWC I fired in the same range session had an SD of 9.64 for a ten round string.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I have some older ammo in the lair that I'll try any dig out that seemed to be consistent in terms of accuracy and not splitting the sides of the case. I'm not even sure if it's made anymore. Unfortunately the Model 16 gets more .32L ran through it than .32 Mag.
    I picked up a box of 98 grain RNL for $18 and felt happy to get it at that price. I was also happy to get 19 rounds of 85 grain JHP for $13.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    This discussion inspired me to take the 432 out for a shopping trip as a BUG. It really is a nice lt wt snubby. There supposed are some better 32 HR mag rounds than the Federal but I haven't seen them lately. I did buy some Buffalo Bore for my 632 327 gun.

I have a case of 500 Fiocchi 32 SW Long FMJ that I bought for plinking with the gun. I've used it at a local IDPA match for grins. It will knock down a popper but you watch it slow start to totter. Funny!
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 08-18-2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Additional thought

Here's the ammo I was talking about. Pretty sure they are defunct.

I also have an unopened bag of 100 grain JHP's from Atlanta Arms. Looks like they used Starline brass for all of them. Ifi hada chrono I'd run a few to get an idea of MV and SD.
    Julius Caesar

On a slight tangent, I've had the thought more than once of taking one of the model 30's and having the chambers reamed to .32 Mag.
    Julius Caesar

I have never heard of these 32's are they similar to the newer 327 mag?

Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    I have never heard of these 32's are they similar to the newer 327 mag?
    Not quite. The .327 Mag was designed to be an improvement over the.32 Mag and marketed as a defensive cartridge that is the equivilant of the .357 Mag. Like most marketing claims that one was debunked rather quickly.
    Julius Caesar

And the .32 mag came out as an improvement over the .32 long in the 80’s IIRC.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I have some older ammo in the lair that I'll try any dig out that seemed to be consistent in terms of accuracy and not splitting the sides of the case. I'm not even sure if it's made anymore. Unfortunately the Model 16 gets more .32L ran through it than .32 Mag.
    I picked up a box of 98 grain RNL for $18 and felt happy to get it at that price. I was also happy to get 19 rounds of 85 grain JHP for $13.
    I also tested some of the Georgia Arms new-manufacture 100gr SJHP I had on hand at the same time:
    LO: 854.6
    HI: 912.1
    AV: 877.5
    ES: 57.50
    SD: 19.87

It's got a bit more steam on it than any .380 loading, that's for sure, with better sectional density.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List