Thread: Shot Timers and Public Ranges.

Shot Timers and Public Ranges.

Is there a shot timer, app or otherwise, which can distinguish my shots from someone elses at a public gun range? I go to an indoor range on Tuesday evenings when its nearly empty, yet last time everyone and their momma went shooting when I did-which rendered my shot timer app unuseable.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    The Pocket Pro II has an easily adjusted sensitivity setting. Buy it from Brownells for their return policy.

You can also search this site for more info, we've discussed this specific problem a few times in the past.

Had good results with my Pocket Pro II based upon ToddG's recommendation. I do not have personal experience with it but the ShotMaxx timer can be set to run off of the recoil, I believe.
    #RESIST

I've got the Shotmaxx timer, as referenced above, and it works perfectly for this. That said, the firmware update process is clunky, and it requires a smartphone app to really reach its full potential.
    Sheep Have Wool

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I'm groovin' on my ShotMaxx. Guy set up next to me and started running his gauge in the same bay, and I flipped to the inertial sensor and drove on.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'm groovin' on my ShotMaxx. Guy set up next to me and started running his gauge in the same bay, and I flipped to the inertial sensor and drove on.
    Yep, they are awesome.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Mike Pannone is using a Shotmax timer while instructing his classes and he speaks very highly about it.

Caveat: I built my race car's ECU and have a bit of experience with hardware/firmware/software integration issues following that ordeal.

I found the firmware update on the Shotmaxx to be intuitive and painless. The directions seemed to be very easy to follow and I had no problems with the process, which was complete in less than ten minutes start to finish.
    Outrunning my headlights since '81.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post
    Caveat: I built my race car's ECU and have a bit of experience with hardware/firmware/software integration issues following that ordeal.

I found the firmware update on the Shotmaxx to be intuitive and painless. The directions seemed to be very easy to follow and I had no problems with the process, which was complete in less than ten minutes start to finish.
    In my non-gun-forum life, I deal with software/developers all day long. I was able to get it updated easily enough, but there's a fair bit of low-hanging user experience fruit that could make the process significantly easier than it is for the non-techies out there.
    Sheep Have Wool

User Tag List