Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Glock trigger setups

Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    I you running this in a Gen 3, 4 or both?
    Coach - Gen4 G19, Gen4 G26, 3rd Gen G30S

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    I'm curious if you take a hard register on the pistol when you aren't in the shooting cycle? Also, are you using a gadget?

I just moved away from Glocks to TDA's for a variety of reason, one of which is that I feel the TDA trigger and hammer combination is inherently safer (flame suit on), especially when re-holstering. I may have stuck with the Glock if I'd had access to a gadget, not sure. As info, I had a NY1 spring and 3.5 connector in my Glock.

My goal when training with my Glock was to "feel steel" with my trigger finger on the slide when presenting out the holster. Originally I registered off the ejection port, but found I was a little faster with just registering on the slide and didn't feel the ejection port register offered any safety advantages over the steel slide, but the ejection port register did slow my draw down slightly. Getting a hard register on the slide helps to my finger not get onto the trigger until I'm well into my press out. I still use the slide register on my Beretta.

Sorry for the thread drift.
    Yes, register position at top edge of frame, yes gadget. Sorry for the short response -using phone right now.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    How does that feel? I thought I heard somewhere (maybe the Harrington/Vickers/Hackathorn Glock youtube clip) that a "-" connector in a Gen 4 yielded less than desirable results.

7:29 - Hackathorn starts talking about triggers, but I don't hear him say what I thought I remembered.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ViI2UWFKg
    What Is less than desirable?

I have OEM minus any connectors in gen 3 and 4 19s. The gen 3 is smoother and lighter... But the gen 4 isn't bad. Its lighter than stock but has more of a wall before the break than any of the gen 3 guns I've used.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    How does that feel? I thought I heard somewhere (maybe the Harrington/Vickers/Hackathorn Glock youtube clip) that a "-" connector in a Gen 4 yielded less than desirable results.

7:29 - Hackathorn starts talking about triggers, but I don't hear him say what I thought I remembered.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ViI2UWFKg
    My sons now have all Gen 4s with minus connectors and they turn out pretty well. I think we're talking about 9-10 guns total.

Now understand their standard like mine is to just get a not overly heavy Glock trigger and forget about it and concentrate on shooting fundamentals. I don't worry about overtravel or force of the resest vs standard connectors. It's short enough and strong enough so just shoot them is the thing.

Some feel a little better than others but close enough for really good shooting. The only one I've had the opportunity to weigh on my new scales is an early Gen 4 G19 (early summer 2010) that is superb and it's trigger actually weighed right at 5 lbs repeatedly - lighter than my Gen 3's with a minus. That's counter intuitive. It has been shot a good bit - around 5K rds I'd guess, he's not updating my logs.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I typically run Glock OEM "-" connectors in all my glock 3rd and 4th gens. The 4th gen all get 3rd gen trigger bars. I have been using the Glock OEM "." connector in one of my 4th gen G19s lately, and I like it. A tad heavier than the "-" connector, not as heavy as the factory connector, but it doesn't have the roll that the "-" connectors has. After a few more range trips I may switch all my "-" connectors to "."

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

For eight years I've run stock triggers in my Glocks, with the sole exception of an OEM NY1 plus 3.5# connector setup in my one Gen3 19.

I recently decided to try an aftermarket trigger and installed the GlockTriggers Vogel in my Gen4 19. It comes with a 4#, 4.5# and 5# spring; I initially installed the 4# and things were pretty good. I got a couple of light strikes on some reman ammo but then a whole slew on some Wolf - I'm the first to acknowledge that this is more the ammo than the trigger. I swapped to the 4.5# spring and Wolf ran much better but more importantly (to me) the trigger characteristics improved. I just bought a Gen4 34 and immediately installed a Vogel trigger with the 4.5# spring.

Is it worth it? Eh, this stuff all costs money. I put a trigger in my AR that costs $100 more than my Vogel Glock trigger, and I'll argue vociferously that an aftermarket trigger is way more beneficial on a pistol than a carbine.

It's all good.

I recently sold my Gen4 34 to a friend. It came with THE worst factory trigger I have ever felt. The break was easily 2X heavier than my Gen4 19. Took a dremel to the trigger bar multiple times before finally installing a Vogel kit (Gen 4 trigger bar). Tried running the 5# striker spring but had issues with light strikes. Put the factory striker spring back in. The break was much improved with the Vogel kit. I think my factory trigger bar was just way out of whack.

Replaced it with a USA made Gen 3 17. Put a Glock "-" connector in it and I'm calling it good. Figure it will break in nicely in a couple thousand rounds.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 08-19-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Honestly the factory setup in my Gen4 34 didn't feel bad. But the Vogel trigger with the 4.5# spring felt like the 3.5#/NY1 after smoking some chiba and getting a massage.

I have the Vogel in my G23C. What it really seems to do, and quite well, is bring together one drilled tiny hole, a tiny screw, a Glock minus connector, four Wolf springs, and a 25 cent polish job, all for $150 plus freight.

While it feels good, I cannot tell any difference between a home job and this expensive kit except the over travel adjustment.

Join The NRA To Support The 2nd Amendment & IDPA To Develop Shooting Skills

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I use the "." (dot) connector in my G19 (Gen 3) with favorable results. I've read it's in the middle between stock and the "-" connector but I don't have measurements.
    Sorry to revive the dead...but...

I was messing with my 26 Gen 4 today and found a Gen 3 trigger bar and a dot connector to be comparable to a Gen 3 trigger bar to a minus connector. I need to get a dremel and polish up the connector though.

User Tag List