Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Designing the perfect pistol mini red dot sight

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    JHC,

Let me know which section you'd like elaboration upon, and I'd be happy to do so.

ETA: a non-reciprocating optic mount would ideally be attached to the metal insert(s) that are enclosed within the polymer frame itself. If bearing with the lastly mentioned idea, the mounting point would correspond with the void within the dustcover, but below the operating space of the guide rod and spring.
    OK that helped and I see the italics I tried to use didn't "stick". I'll loop back a little later. Thanks!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The ideal pistol RDS needs to be stationary and NOT reciprocate with the slide.
    As evidenced by how few USPSA Open shooters there are with reciprocating optics. In fact, the non-reciprocating nature of the optic is probably at least 25% of the benefit of having a dot sight on a pistol to begin with. Maybe as much as 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I fixed your other post to make the part you were highlighting more apparent.
    Ha! Thanks! Somehow, just re-reading it again in bold and blue, and I then visualized the inverted U he was describing.

So the completely new gun design with integrated optic (seems like the original AUG as a pistol approach) provides a lot of freedom. But it's going to suck if you want to have to resort to irons.

I wouldn't mind an optimized MRDS that can go on or off a more conventional pistol for a spell either.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Do these clear things up?

I'm thinking of a scaled-down Deagle or scaled-up Ruger .22/45.

User Tag List