I didn't clarify that very well, yes, I was talking about regular guy concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
Sure. But c'mon. Along the continuum of crazy, strapping on odd dongles is on another level than a backup gun and a few extra mags. Just sayin'.
I'd say it's pretty similar. It's not insane like, say for instance, sharing a video espousing the benefits of dumping bodies after a home invasion. But there are times when things should really be left up to the rifle-toting professionals, and I'm really having a hard time envisioning a realistic situation that would call for 4 spare mags and didn't encroach on the men in black's territory.

I hate to bring up the legal perspective, but how would one explain that much firepower in court? Simply carrying 2 guns (which along with one spare magazine is at the upper limits of being reasonably prepared, IMO) would be simple: "In case one broke." Carrying 60 extra rounds of ammunition? I'm as pro-gun as they come, but if I was on that jury that would look a bit suspicious to me, and lend some amount of credence to the prosecution's inevitable argument that they were "looking for a fight." Can't imagine how it would appear to people who don't carry. Even the original dongle I posted has at least some reasonable basis to be explainable.

People have the right to carry whatever they want, as long as it's legal, but just because it's legal doesn't make it prudent (nor does it mean I can't make fun of them for it ).