Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Corey & Erika, outed again?

Corey & Erika, outed again?

Don't know how to link directly to it, but here's the page with the outing.

https://www.facebook.com/1MOASolutions

ETA:
    This may link directly
    Last edited by rob_s; 08-08-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Curious about the background story here?

Stollen Valor inside the firearms training community?

That's got to take a lot of stupid.

Read this on SH as well. What a cheese-D. What sucks is these dudes feel the need to market themselves as ex-mil because the general shooting populous looks for ex-mil instructors as opposed to just someone who can teach shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    <Matthew 10:28>

Has anyone confirmed if Erika is on the market?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

it looks like they took their website down?

https://www.rangetimets.com/

isn't working for me.

What I went there to see was, they had two other instructor listed, both with more truthful sounding mil experience, which makes me wonder what those guys think of all this.

their FB does appear to be up.
    https://www.facebook.com/cory07ink

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

That's got to take a lot of stupid.
    You'd think, but he got away with it for a long time - and I'm not even confident that this revelation (the AWOL charge, if true) will even shut him down. I think he would have continued to get away with it if not for a NIMBY fight over his range.

I think that the AWOL accusations only saw the light of day because some of his neighbors want to use zoning laws to shut his range down. Someone in his hometown leaked that he had been pick up after going AWOL from Reception. If not for a zoning squabble, we wouldn't have found out about going AWOL.

He had been exposed before about lying about his military service (but apparently instead of coming clean about going AWOL he claimed he was medically discharged due to a preexisting med condition.)

Sadly, plenty in the shooting community were willing to overlook him lying about his service. Find the recent thread on AR15.com Some said there "I don't care what he did or didn't do in the military. If he can teach me to shoot I'll train with him." Or "He's a strong advocate of the Second Amendment, therefore I shall defend him." (Cause the Supreme Court is really listening to Corey when they make their rulings.)

I said it in the Instructor Zero thread -- There are American instructors working for government agencies that have been busted lying about credentials and background, and others that have yet to be busted. (Which means I have zero faith that Instructor Zero's resume is accurate. It's too hard for us to verify what he did in Italy. I mean, Corey has been internet famous for three or four years, is an American, and his true story is just now coming out. Do you think we really know who Zero is?)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Don't know how to link directly to it, but here's the page with the outing.

https://www.facebook.com/1MOASolutions

ETA:
    This may link directly
    Excuse my ignorance, but who are these people? I've never heard of Cory Jackson, or Erika Maxwell, or their company, or any of the instructors listed on the bio page on their site.
    Last edited by oldtexan; 08-08-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but who are these people? I've never heard of Cory Jackson, or Erika, or their company, or any of the instructors listed on the bio page on their site.
    Clearly you don't spend enough time on The Internet.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Corey & Erika, outed again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Clearly you don't spend enough time on The Internet.
    Or simply spend 99% of our gun surfing time at places like Pistol Training Forum with a low noise to signal ratio.

I'm confused as well?

Oh good lord, here we go...

Corey & Erika have had a pretty popular youtube channel, fueled mostly by the attractiveness and short-short-cladded-ness of the female half, which they in turn have attempted to grow into a fulltime gig training others. Corey sports the standard "operator" appearance of beard, full sleeve tattoos, and plate carrier most of the time, as well as the often-nebulous military experience. I believe he ran the channel, largely in obscurity, prior to the appearance of Erika, after which their popularity went up drastically.

https://www.youtube.com/user/cory07ink

If some of you people were leading nearly the internet-free-awesome lives you claim to, you wouldn't feel the need to go around reminding everyone else of it all the time. If you actually don't know, or don't care, who the players are or the issue at hand, there really isn't much reason to post in the thread, is there?

User Tag List