Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Teaching the Snub Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I also refuse to use boot grips and prefer 3finger grips like the revised S&W combat grip
    Except for ankle carry and small pockets, I think boot grips are unnecessary.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

This intrigues me. Are you still thinking the three-gun (J, K/L and N frame) format?

I also have an interest in this class. Having owned a second hand S&W 586, I prefer semi-autos simply due to the angle of my/the wrist being more comfortable with the semi-auto. The one time experience of firing a snubbie rekindled my interest. However, I have very large hands and found my middle finger getting slapped pretty well firing .38Spl in that snubbie.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    Last night I taught my ‘Introduction to the J Frame Revolver’ class. It’s probably the last time I’m going to teach it; the market just isn’t there anymore and it’s hard to get much enrollment.

However, I’ve been teaching the snub heavily since before 9/11 and think I’ve evolved a very workable program. There are still many people who have snubs and some of them may be interested in knowing what they’re doing with it. To that end, I’m going to post my entire Program Of Instruction for anyone who wants to use it.

http://wp.me/p4ukPJ-3o
    Just ordered a copy of your booklet. Thanks for the great info!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Just ordered a copy of your booklet. Thanks for the great info!
    You probably ordered Michael deBethencourt's booklet insomuch as I have never written one.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

You probably ordered Michael deBethencourt's booklet insomuch as I have never written one.
    Michael's is good. You should write one too.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Your site appears to be down.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    This intrigues me. Are you still thinking the three-gun (J, K/L and N frame) format?
    I am still in the planning stages, but my current idea is to sort of mimic Tom Given's Conference format combined with the seminars I ran in SoCal. I would like to get a bunch of various instructors to teach a variety of classes related to revolvers and the students would pick their classes based on their interest. My "dream" would be a good sponsorship, a bunch of vendors of revolver products and numerous instructors and SME's from around the country converging on Texas for a few days of round gun Nirvana..........at minimum, we will do a two day with Wayne and I doing the bigger guns and Chuck Haggard and hopefully Claude to do the snubs. We'll see how it goes over the next couple of months.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List