Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teaching the Snub Revolver

Teaching the Snub Revolver

Last night I taught my ‘Introduction to the J Frame Revolver’ class. It’s probably the last time I’m going to teach it; the market just isn’t there anymore and it’s hard to get much enrollment.

However, I’ve been teaching the snub heavily since before 9/11 and think I’ve evolved a very workable program. There are still many people who have snubs and some of them may be interested in knowing what they’re doing with it. To that end, I’m going to post my entire Program Of Instruction for anyone who wants to use it.

http://wp.me/p4ukPJ-3o
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

You teach the best snub course I have seen, hate to see it not being taught anymore.

Maybe if you wore a helmet and chest rig and had a dozen snubbies attached to you....

and NVGs.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Thank you for posting this. I'll be studying it.

In scanning over it I didn't see a source, is there a place to get the targets shown?

Snubs are very much like shotguns. People "think" they are what everyone should have, when in fact, they are two of the hardest systems to master. For those who are willing to invest the time and effort, both are fantastic. Unfortunately, most of the folks using them will not invest in what is needed to truly be even competent with them.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I've almost always had a snub in some form. I developed renewed appreciation for its real viability after training with Michael de Bethencourt last fall, and have been practicing with it regularly since. Claude's snub class has also been on my list for some time but never worked out, and I'm sorry to see it may not ever happen.

I hope that we can maintain the knowledge base and a cadre of folks available to competently teach the system as demand occurs.

Claude, thanks sharing your POI, and all the related work that went with it!
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    In scanning over it I didn't see a source, is there a place to get the targets shown?
    The target image shown is from Gun Fun. http://www.gunfun.com/shop/com-1a-22250/ I use those because that's what the range carries.

The target I like best, which is in the background of the featured image, is the SB-2 from Law Enforcement Targets. http://letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=SB-2 It was designed by a Rogers graduate. The influence is fairly clear.

B-27 targets are available quite widely. LAPD doesn't specify a particular target, just a 'silhouette target,' so you could use anything available locally.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Thank you for posting that. I will probably use some of that for regular practice with my j-frame.

I am a huge snub fan, from 642s to model 12s. I am sorry to see you phasing out personal instruction, but I am grateful to you for sharing your POI with us. What Caleb said. My next trip to the range will be with my 3" RB heavy barrel 36-1, 50 rounds and a copy of that post.

Site Supporter
    I liked that training. Boo! I was thinking of shooting my 642 at a local close range BUG match we have coming up!

We just started it and I haven't been able to make it do to scheduling previously.

There are still plenty of snubs for sale at the gun shows.

User Tag List