Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: .380 FMJ or JHP?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    And 20 years ago Cor-Bon deserved the stink eye they were getting. Their QC back in the 90's was... lackluster.
    In my late teens and early 20s I discovered Corbon. I promptly set up a rigorous battery of test to determine the effectiveness of said 125gr +P. When it failed to penetrate the first milk jug, I took that as a clue. And that clue was they are great for blowing up milk jugs. I then found Gold Dot.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    And 20 years ago Cor-Bon deserved the stink eye they were getting. Their QC back in the 90's was... lackluster.
    Big time

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    FWIW, I've got Hornady Critical Defense in the BG380.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That's what I have in the G42 right now. Going to likely buy some Hydrashock soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    That's what I have in the G42 right now. Going to likely buy some Hydrashock soon though.

That is what is in the TCP. Local Academy was out of Hydrashok yesterday. I'd love to score some Hornady XTP, but it seems EVERYONE who stocks Hornady only has Critical Defense.

FWIW I too run the Fiocchi Extrema in the wife's G42. It seems to run through everything I have put in through in the past. That includes a Kel-Tek P3AT, Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP, S&W BG380, Bersa Tunder .380, and now the G42. I've had zero issues with it in my wife's G42. The XTP projectiles seem to feed pretty well in most guns I've owned though I haven't had much luck with them in my P30/P2000.

I've been hesitant to voice an opinion on my own G42 fodder, given the handles who have checked in thus far, but I will say that my G42 digests both Fiocchi xtp (my go-to .380) and Fed HS (at least one 25 round box I had on hand) fine at this point. Not all votes are equal, but my own is either the Fiocchi extrema or WWB ball.

User Tag List