Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: I know it's a bad idea.... (1911 Related)

If Glock pistols and mags were made by 125 different companies, it would be a giant clusterkitten. Anyway, arguing with Brian is about as productive as discussing ballistics with the guy in the other thread who carries a Taurus .40 because 9mm is too wimpy.

"Clusterkitten" is now officially the name of my next band.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Kloos View Post
    Yes, and if you buy a 1911 whose extractor doesn't exhibit all those properties, it's not in need of "tuning", it's flat-out defective.

Challenge: Find me ten forum posts that complain about Glocks (or any other modern polymer service pistol) that don't run because of "faulty magazines" or feed lip geometry.
    Well in your infinite wisdom you should call the USMC Match armorers because they are totally unaware of that.
    And after that head on over to Hilton Yams website because he specifically talks about bending the extractor to get the proper tension.
    As a matter of fact how you would get the correct tension without bending it is beyond me.

"Maybe you can educate me. It is my understanding that a double stack magazine that tapers to a single point feed is inherently stronger than a single column magazine. Im not sure what you mean by efficient."
    This is what I said. I did not say that double stack magazines were flawless. I

4) When a magazine won’t freely eject, the feed lips may be spreading due to upward pressure from the follower or poor heat treatment. Feed lips that have spread cannot be fixed and the magazine tube must be replaced. Buy magazines with parallel lips and heat- treated tubes that resist spreading.
    Bill Wilsons tips for Magazine maintenance
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...g-maintenance/

I'm Done. Unless you folks can take what I'm saying without twisting it into something else to defend your position I can see no point in continuing this conversation.
    Last edited by UNK; 08-10-2014 at 09:22 PM.

It's thread like this that make me wonder if my factory 1911 really went 10,000 rounds with only recoil spring changes. I mean, I should have like, been covering it in chicken blood every night, right?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    It's thread like this that make me wonder if my factory 1911 really went 10,000 rounds with only recoil spring changes. I mean, I should have like, been covering it in chicken blood every night, right?
    Certainly you should have kept the timing adjusted and the feed lip gap tuned.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Living on the edge homie. You must perform the 10-8 extractor function test every 3.82 boxes of ammo. Any failure to pass the test requires immediate scrapping of the frame and extractor.

Goat blood.

Chicken blood used to work, but due to mass production it is now to common.

Therefore, goat blood is now preferred.

Site Supporter
    My Colt 1911s run fine and none of them are anything special. Well, the .38 Super doesn't like Aguila ammo but that's about it -- no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    the guy in the other thread who carries a Taurus .40 because 9mm is too wimpy.
    I think it was a .45, not a .40.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    I think it was a .45, not a .40.
    Now I have to go do an exchange. Good thing I saved the receipt.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List