Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tactics Against Active Shooters

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy Kevin,

Like I said in the PM, I don't discuss military stuff on the 'Net because of all the Keyboard Kommandos that think that playing "Ghoast Recon" on their Mom's wii is the same as real world combat.

Anywho.........

FBI switching to the 9mm? Probably so for the same reason they switch from the 10mm and the military switch from the 7.62Nato to 5.56Nato........ Too many agents were not able to handle the recoil of the 10mm with full power loads. Nowadays most complain about the recoil of the 40S&W.

One of the few things that I do discuss about the military on the 'Net is stuff like this:

I've been through boot camp two different times and both times during the classroom portion of our weapons training, the instructor(s) asked how many people had shot a gun before. Out of a total of over 310 young men only 5 people had ever shot a gun and I was the only one that had shot a handgun.

Most military members are NOT gun people and neither are most FBI agents or cops for that matter.

One of the local FBI agents, Mark Jeese, who's been an agent for over 30 years couldn't hit anything with and handgun even if he was sealed up in a box.

Plus throw in the women agents, the bookworm effeminate men and PRESTO! Welcome the 9mm.

Oh, the "anemic" 5.56mm M855 round? Back in '83 we were doing weapons and desert training with the 3rd ACS out of Ft. Bliss and while in the field I took a couple of live rounds ( yeah, I was a dumbass 18yo punk kid ) and I shot a large jackrabbit from about 50yds away with a perfect behind the shoulder "kill shot" and the darn thing run off and I had to chase it down and kicked it in the head to kill it. As I kicked it in the head I said out loud as I looked down at my M-16A1 "WTF? And my next stop is Honduras!?!?"

Sad, but true.

Paul
    I am convinced that this is a highly evolved troll. There is no way this guy is for real.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Plus throw in the women agents, the bookworm effeminate men and PRESTO! Welcome the 9mm.
    Do you still club your meals to death?

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I am convinced that this is a highly evolved troll. There is no way this guy is for real.
    I concur. Too many posts on too many different topic with too many "keywords" meant to elicit a response.

Howdy Kevin,

Like I said in the PM, I don't discuss military stuff on the 'Net because of all the Keyboard Kommandos that think that playing "Ghoast Recon" on their Mom's wii is the same as real world combat.

Anywho.........

FBI switching to the 9mm? Probably so for the same reason they switch from the 10mm and the military switch from the 7.62Nato to 5.56Nato........ Too many agents were not able to handle the recoil of the 10mm with full power loads. Nowadays most complain about the recoil of the 40S&W.

One of the few things that I do discuss about the military on the 'Net is stuff like this:

I've been through boot camp two different times and both times during the classroom portion of our weapons training, the instructor(s) asked how many people had shot a gun before. Out of a total of over 310 young men only 5 people had ever shot a gun and I was the only one that had shot a handgun.

Most military members are NOT gun people and neither are most FBI agents or cops for that matter.

One of the local FBI agents, Mark Jeese, who's been an agent for over 30 years couldn't hit anything with and handgun even if he was sealed up in a box.

Oh, the "anemic" 5.56mm M855 round? Back in '83 we were doing weapons and desert training with the 3rd ACS out of Ft. Bliss and while in the field I took a couple of live rounds ( yeah, I was a dumbass 18yo punk kid ) and I shot a large jackrabbit from about 50yds away with a perfect behind the shoulder "kill shot" and the darn thing run off and I had to chase it down and kicked it in the head to kill it. As I kicked it in the head I said out loud as I looked down at my M-16A1 "WTF? And my next stop is Honduras!?!?"

Sad, but true.

Paul
    So, you wouldn't mind getting centerpunched with a 9x19, right?

Banned
    Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Nope, but I'm a from believer in the fact that most members on Internet Gun Forums are a bunch of +40yo SWMs w/out kids that live with their Mom and have a "Command Post" in the basement and get all their Super Top Secert Mall Ninja Training from playing "Ghost Recon"and Call of Dooty" on their Mom's wii when she's at her Senior's water aerobics class.

Why is it that any time someone says something that is the opposite of what all the basement dwelling Mall Ninjas have dreamed up from playing "Ghost Recon" do they want to call that person a troll?

KevinB sent me a PM talking about various members being in gunfights.

Ok. But, I'm hate to tell people this but a gunfight while playing "Ghost Recon" on your Mom's wii isn't a real gunfight.

The reason I keep mentioning "Ghost Recon" is because about 6 weeks ago I was at the new Bass Pro Shop in Little Rock and I asked the sales clerk if I could see the new Glock 41.

I posted this on a car forum. This is what happened:

Yesterday I stopped by the new Bass Pro Shop to look at their gun selection and prices and the guy behind who looked to be early to mid 30's started giving "gun advice" when I asked to see a Glock.

He stated the even though a lot of PDs use Glock because they were cheap to purchase but had a tendency to malfunction in the field and were known to be very inaccurate. Went on the say that he would only recommend the H&K and Sig ( placed both on the counter top ) because in his training they had to shoot man size targets @ 100yds and they were the only two that were accurate enough to meet this requirement.

So, I'm thinking to myself "Maybe this guy is one of the "sniper school" instructors at nearby Camp Robinson and that's were he's training has come from. I've shot IDPA and USPSA with a couple of them.

Me "What branch are you in or were in?"

Gunstore Kommando (GSK) "I never was in the military."

Me "Where did you get your training? Police or Sheriff Department?"

GSK "No. There's a group of us that use a private range and all of our training is based on "Ghost Recon" and "Call of Duty" video games.

I looked over the another customer that was listening and said "Where did you get your training?"

He replied "Uncle Sam. You?"

Me "Same place."

We both walked off and said WTF is up with that guy?

Sad, but true.

Paul

Okee-dokee.
    Have a meritorious day!
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Banned
    Howdy AS,

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    So, you wouldn't mind getting centerpunched with a 9x19, right?
    Nope. But at the same time if I'm going to centerpunch someone that is intent on killing me I would prefer to do it with something with a better track record than the "Wonder 9" and it's "Magic Bullet".

I have an iPhone and have had one for many years now (this is my 4th iPhone and I need to upgrade but I'll wait until I kill this one ) and when the droid first hit the market people would say "My droid is as good as your iPhone." I've heard this 1,000's of times but I've never heard anyone say "My iPhone is as good as your droid." and there's a reason why.

Down through the years I've heard numerous people say "My 9mm is as good as your .45." I've heard this 1,000's of times but I've never heard anyone say "My .45 is as good as your 9mm." and there's a reason why too.

Those of us with .45s ( or .40S&W ) and iPhones don't have to try to convince ourselves that it's as good as a 9mm and a droid because we already know it's better and so does everyone else.

I've been shooting 1911 .45acp for over 40year and I've never heard anyone say "With the right bullet and modern powder my .45acp is almost as good as a 9mm."

Why is this?

Paul

Not sure how many members of this forum you've met personally but the ones I know are solid men (and women) interested in improving their ability to protect themselves and others. Some, like me (peacetime infantry and most excellent bicyclist!), have never drawn a gun in anger and others have done it plenty. I've yet to meet a video game pretender. It's a little ridiculous to join a forum then insinuate that everyone are wannabe's.

This happened in my hometown. Shot almost point blank in the chest with a By God 45 and not only lived, but drove himself to the hospital.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...icks/13968769/

Site Supporter
    Can we get some troll repellant with Stengun?

User Tag List