Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a hater. It's true

I'm a hater. It's true

Coated and blackened at the same time. Glocks did awesome. The CZ is messed up. Again. I've coated, stripped, and recoated that POS CZ a half dozen times. And the customer won't leave me alone to finish. My patience has totally left.

I have a list of vendors I will never use now. Ever. For anything.

Crappy steel, or?

Yeah, what's the variable on the CZ frame that would cause the coating to fail like that?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Yeah, what's the variable on the CZ frame that would cause the coating to fail like that?
    Impure ingredients for the coating recipe?

What kind of a coating process are we trying to do here?

Feel like sharing that list?

Seems that we don't often know who sucks until after we compare war stories.

"Coated and blackened at the same time. Glocks did awesome. The CZ is messed up. Again. I've coated, stripped, and recoated that POS CZ a half dozen times. And the customer won't leave me alone to finish. My patience has totally left.

I have a list of vendors I will never use now. Ever. For anything."

Hi Bill, Curious about his one. Any update? "POS CZ" - just frustration or a real issue with frame material? "List of vendors I will never use now." - term "vendor", used here, would infer issue with supplier of chemicals? Seems different a coating - something going on top - is effected by base metal, unlike various bluings. Generally a CZ fan, lots to like, but no one seems to know much about metallurgy and long term durability. A bit of cosmetic innovation would seem cool for these but not if underlying materials aren't there.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomr View Post
    "Coated and blackened at the same time. Glocks did awesome. The CZ is messed up. Again. I've coated, stripped, and recoated that POS CZ a half dozen times. And the customer won't leave me alone to finish. My patience has totally left.

I have a list of vendors I will never use now. Ever. For anything."

Hi Bill, Curious about his one. Any update? "POS CZ" - just frustration or a real issue with frame material? "List of vendors I will never use now." - term "vendor", used here, would infer issue with supplier of chemicals? Seems different a coating - something going on top - is effected by base metal, unlike various bluings. Generally a CZ fan, lots to like, but no one seems to know much about metallurgy and long term durability. A bit of cosmetic innovation would seem cool for these but not if underlying materials aren't there.

Tom
    Talk to CZ Custom. Or Cajun Gunworks. Or any of the CZ smiths. Or those who shoot USPSA production. Plenty of testing on long term durability and the results have been known for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Talk to CZ Custom. Or Cajun Gunworks. Or any of the CZ smiths. Or those who shoot USPSA production. Plenty of testing on long term durability and the results have been known for a while.
    I have. I own one. Also, like the "objectivity" that Bill, as an engineer, brings to these conversations from time to time. Thought his comments could've used some elaboration.

Hey Bill, you ever going to get that blade back to me?

User Tag List