Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This might be interesting; new Ruger LC9s

This might be interesting; new Ruger LC9s

I didn't see them making a striker fired version;

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html

Would still rather have a Shield. I've never been impressed with Ruger Autos of any flavor. My mother in law has a LC9, that trigger is a beast. Let's hope this is genuine improvement and not the Ruger equivalent of a NY1 trigger etc.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

Someone wants a piece of the shield market...

Not that I work for Ruger or anything, but ;

Striker-Fired
    Striker-fired version of the award-winning LC9® has a short, light, crisp trigger pull for faster, more accurate shooting.
    Squinting at the graph they have on the new add it appears the trigger is supposed to be in the 5 1/2 pound range
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 07-29-2014 at 06:30 PM.

I hope that trigger is better than the original hammer one; the three I have examined were simply… bad. Gritty, and HARD. One belonged to a pal; we gutted it and removed the magazine disconnect (and that was an ordeal all by itself), which cleaned it up a lot. It still was rather stiff; no problem for Phyllis Soccer-Mom to snatch in a panic, but definitely not conducive to any sort of accuracy work.

And something else we noticed… perhaps it was just us, but the pistol "slams" back into your hand very much like a Bryco 59- which is, without doubt, the most uncomfortable-to-shoot 9mm pistol I have ever handled. In my book, the LC9 is a close second.

My pal read somewhere that latest-production LC9s have considerably better triggers. I certainly hope so.

Being a direct rip-off of the Kel Tec PF9 I would expect that the recoil is about the same, which means unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    I've never been impressed with Ruger Autos of any flavor.
    Ditto. Many years ago, I was given a MK II bull barrel .22, which I still have and the kids shoot occasionally. But it would be far down the list on my choices of what .22 auto to purchase.

And yes, I recognize that most of the P-series pistols are sturdy, reliable guns; in a weak moment, I traded into a P345 at one point that made a decent car gun, but sold it to someone who wanted it worse than I did.

I actually purchased my first Ruger handgun just the other day; a birdshead Vaquero in .45 ACP with a stumpy barrel (3.5" or so). I have a lot of old .45 ammo I loaded years ago for bullseye; i.e., light loads with 185gr SWC bullets. The Vaquero is great fun to shoot with that stuff. My first-ever single action revolver too… after more than 45 years of owning and shooting handguns.

But the DA revolvers and other pistols by Ruger just never have interested me at all.

And now that there is a variant of the Shield sans manual safety, I would absolutely choose one of those over this thing; better trigger notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Being a direct rip-off of the Kel Tec PF9 I would expect that the recoil is about the same...
    Worse. Trust me; I shoot more than my share of PF9s too.

I'm pretty sure the LC* guns have been a massive sales bonanza for Ruger. I'm not at all surprised to see them continuing to expand the line. They probably have even more additions in the pipeline. A SFA system applied to the LCP would be cool.

Of course I'll never buy a gun with that abomination of a loaded chamber indicator they use. I have an irrational hatred of that thing.

I wouldn't even try it. I have a hard enough time shooting lite loads in my M642 left handed....
    Now if I could carry a M640 in 357mag in my L pocket of cargo shorts I would never buy a AW again.

I got burn one 1 Ruger a P85. It ran great but wouldn't group. I also ran across a NIB Mini 14 that shot 3 feet to the left at 25Y They put a new barrel on it. my other mini 14 and mini 30 were fine.
    I also have love for the GP100 andSP101 even though I`m a S&W revolver Fan Boy

User Tag List