Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USPSA match 8/3/14 Fredericksburg, VA

USPSA match 8/3/14 Fredericksburg, VA

Anyone coming down for the match? Always a good time. 7 stages - 6 field courses and one classifier.

JMS and I have broken them of the "you can't carry AIWB" thought process. You may get a few strange looks but they are learning...slowly....to accept it. :-)

Online registration with squadding opens Tuesday at 2000. Info here

Fredericksburgps.com

With a little communication you could squad with fellow PF members and be in a very AIWB friendly squad!

I don't represent the USPSA club at all but I can try to answer any questions if you have them.

See ya there!

Got a Pat Rogers class
    #RESIST

I am planning on going. Although not AIWB, I support the efforts.
    NOTE: I will be going only on Sunday. Also, registration doesn't open until they have enough SETUP CREW signed up...and that can sometimes take a couple days. If you can volunteer to setup, you can shoot on Saturday.
    If anyone wants to rideshare let me know. Driving my brand new Ford Edge, unless you have something better.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I am planning on going. Although not AIWB, I support the efforts.
    NOTE: I will be going only on Sunday. Also, registration doesn't open until they have enough SETUP CREW signed up...and that can sometimes take a couple days. If you can volunteer to setup, you can shoot on Saturday.
    If anyone wants to rideshare let me know. Driving my brand new Ford Edge, unless you have something better.
    Cody
    Very true about set up crew being in place first. Since they instituted the Saturday set up/shoot, set up crew has been filling up in plenty of time. Hopefully this month is no exception.

For those new to FBurg, keep your eyes on their FB page or sign up for the emails. They have actually opened registration up earlier if the have a crew for set up in place.

See ya there Cody.

As of about 2hrs ago, there was still a need for 2-3 bodies for the setup crew.

Anyone vicinity Fredericksburg that ever wanted to dip their toe in SANCTIONED AIWB-friendly gun-games, outdoors...setup crew is about 12 people, meaning that when we're done, we break into 2 squads of 6, and run our match.

Main match, on Sunday, is 7 squads of 10+ people, each.

I don't think of local matches as particularly high-pressure events, but realize that folks manage to conjure it in their head that they are, on the basis of how many folks there are present = performance anxiety, or similar. Point being, setup crew is about as relaxed as it gets. Like, put-a-mirror-under-his-nose-to-see-if-he's-still-breathing relaxed. Factor in that a new-competitor orientation is built into it, with the match director and other experienced competitors present to be the wind beneath your wings...

Worth a look. Setup starts @ 0700 Saturday, usually done building the stages by 1030, shooting the match -- not unusual to be done by 1300-1400, leaving you most of the rest of your Saturday to do with what you will.

LL, gave some thought to hitting that class, too, but I already had to last-minute bail on a setup once this season, already. Have fun. You complete me....

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    As of about 2hrs ago, there was still a need for 2-3 bodies for the setup crew.

That will teach me to open my big mouth...

MAY be down to 1....

C.K. and I kinda-sorta walked somebody through the process. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    That will teach me to open my big mouth...
    Lately they have struggled to get a full setup crew. I think they cancelled a match earlier this year because of it.
    If I had not signed up to shoot IDPA at AAFG, I would be tempted to do it.

Note: Rideshare still available but may be 1994 Beat Up Caravan instead for trip up and Cadillac DTS for trip back.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Set Up FULL

Registration is open NOW.

Harold

Since we're talking VA, where's a good place to get started with USPSA? One of the NRA-sponsored classes?

User Tag List