Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmer v. D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    Even taking Lanier's order at face value and assuming it is valid; you'd still have to go through the metal detector at the National Archives and they wouldn't let you in armed.

I agree though in principle.
    Not if he carries a Glock 7.Might cost more then what he makes in a month, though.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Have you guys ever read the list of places where its illegal to carry in Illinois? Its absurd. Any form of public transport, parks, playgrounds, all arenas/stadiums, all pro & college sporting events, libraries, zoos, museums, amusement parks, hospitals, nursing homes. If we get to the point where DC institutes their own carry scheme, they'd consider that list a starting point. Those kind of restrictions combined with federal facilities would make DC a minefield.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Have you guys ever read the list of places where its illegal to carry in Illinois? Its absurd. Any form of public transport, parks, playgrounds, all arenas/stadiums, all pro & college sporting events, libraries, zoos, museums, amusement parks, hospitals, nursing homes. If we get to the point where DC institutes their own carry scheme, they'd consider that list a starting point. Those kind of restrictions combined with federal facilities would make DC a minefield.
    Public transport would be a huge issue for lots of DC folks. I'd be happy to be able to carry to the outside monuments, to/from my hotel/car/restaurant/groceries, normal life stuff. Driving through the District instead of around it. It won't be Arizona, but it also won't be the same as it is today. Baby steps. or in this case, baby's first step.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I just spoke to the DC Firearms Division and the Officer there said "It is legal to carry for today." (July 28, 2014)
    But he expects the City Council to act to request a Stay and then the old law will stay in effect until a new law is enacted.
    I was tempted to go there just to enjoy the moment, but I have other plans.
    I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice, so if you go to DC with a concealed firearm and permit the risk is totally yours.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Official directive from the DC chief.

http://alangura.com/wp-content/uploa.../07-137-14.pdf
    Wow. That's awesome.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

The Judge in Palmer vs District Columbia just issued an injunction against Chief Lanier stating again that the firearm laws are unconstitutional and unenforceable until a higher court rules.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Not if he carries a Glock 7.Might cost more then what he makes in a month, though.
    Or he can get his John Malkovitch on.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by hank440 View Post
    The Judge in Palmer vs District Columbia just issued an injunction against Chief Lanier stating again that the firearm laws are unconstitutional and unenforceable until a higher court rules.

Do you have a link?

no DEPT directive which i can not link here without being unemployed

it will hit the news soon

User Tag List