Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI to adopt 9 mm pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

+1!

For all the 9mm Fan Club members: just how many people have you shot and killed with you 9mm and it's "Magic Bullet"?

Just curious.

Back in the spring during a routine traffic stop a So. Carolina deputy shot an unarmed disabled 70yo man with a 9mm and it's "Magic Bullet". After pulling over to the side of the road, the 70yo man got out of his truck and reach into the bed of his truck for his cane ( he had to have the crane to walk ) and as he pulled the cane into view the deputy fired numerous rounds from his 9mm pistol striking the 70yo at lest once in the stomach at a range of less than 10yds.

The 70yo man never fell but instead he just leaned against his cane and the door of the truck. After the deputy realized what was going on he rushed to help the 70yo man and asked if he was "ok". Man replied "Yes, but it hurts a little." or something like that.

To watch the video google South Carolina deputy shoots 70yo man YouTube.

Heck, here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLAgJCBjt0&app=desktop

Yeah, I'll stick with a real handgun round.

Paul
    Paul,
    Are you not aware people have been shot multiple times with many different calibers from pistols and rifles and fought afterward. I am glad you found this one video that most are aware of.
    I am sure you watched the one where someone with a .22 killed someone with one shot. The .22 shooter had been shot multiple times with a .357 Magnum.
    What about the one where the last round in a G21 finally stopped someone with a head shot.
    There are thousands of shooting videos out there and Google is your friend.
    Happy Shooting with your "Real Gun".

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    From my observation every .40 pistol on the market breaks more, or has more issues, than the same model in 9mm

Jim Cirillo, who was a pretty smart dude, told me he though the .40 should have been brought out in the large frame guns, as in a .40 cal Glock 21 instead of showhorning it into the G17

I know a guy who dropped a Chevy 350 V8 into an AMC Gremlin, it fit, but that didn't make it a good idea.

From personal conversation with an FBI guy involved in this process, he pointed out that little things turn into big things in an agency. Most people don't get that. Lets say you need to replace a $3 pin to keep your gun running, OK, it's 3 bucks. Now, go buy 10,000 of those pins.
    I didn't have the privilege of knowing Jim, but I read his book. I thought it was very interesting that he seemed to really, really like custom .40 Glocks built on G20 or G21 frames, IIRC.

I have to call my buddy and get his take. I do know that he mentioned when he went through the academy, as a former abn rifle company commader in RC-E he had hoped for a 9mm get "more rounds on target, faster". Looks like 8 years later he is going to get the chance to see that through.

Howdy,

+1!

For all the 9mm Fan Club members: just how many people have you shot and killed with you 9mm and it's "Magic Bullet"?

Just curious.

Back in the spring during a routine traffic stop a So. Carolina deputy shot an unarmed disabled 70yo man with a 9mm and it's "Magic Bullet". After pulling over to the side of the road, the 70yo man got out of his truck and reach into the bed of his truck for his cane ( he had to have the crane to walk ) and as he pulled the cane into view the deputy fired numerous rounds from his 9mm pistol striking the 70yo at lest once in the stomach at a range of less than 10yds.

The 70yo man never fell but instead he just leaned against his cane and the door of the truck. After the deputy realized what was going on he rushed to help the 70yo man and asked if he was "ok". Man replied "Yes, but it hurts a little." or something like that.

To watch the video google South Carolina deputy shoots 70yo man YouTube.

Heck, here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLAgJCBjt0&app=desktop

Yeah, I'll stick with a real handgun round.

Paul

The question in the evaluation of any shooting is "what critical structures in the person's body were struck?"

Pistol bullets are not magic, none of them, including the calibers that start with ".4:

My department has been suing the 9mm for well over 20 years. We've never had a failure during that time frame, we've never had to shoot anyone more than four times before they hit the ground, and we have had more than a few OISs.

The most dramatic police shooting "failure to stop" event I have personally been a party to was one of our narcs shooting a bad guy through the heart/aorta with a .45

I didn't take that one incident to be an indictment of the caliber, I took it to be a case that dramatically illustrates the fact that pistol bullets often suck at stopping bad guys.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    So... busted a lot of caps in dudes yourself, then? They all fell to hardball?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Dunning-Kruger.

The DB video game comment was a true LOL. Its just getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    So... busted a lot of caps in dudes yourself, then? They all fell to hardball?
    Well, you have to carve an "X" on the .45 bullet before you use it, of course.

ALL handgun rounds are "real," in much the same way as there being no such thing as "fake" boobs.

...because they're RIGHT THERE.

If you look, you can find one hit kills with the .25acp, and people hit by rifle fire who keep going.
    Which means the .25acp is better than any rifle, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    If you look, you can find one hit kills with the .25acp, and people hit by rifle fire who keep going.
    Which means the .25acp is better than any rifle, or something.
    Obviously. It's also the reason that the Taurus Judge is the ultimate defensive handgun around. I can defend myself from ornery chipmunks, rabbits and even racoons without missing a beat. I can also carry it in a stylish Uncle Mike's nylon holster.

User Tag List