Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI to adopt 9 mm pistols

Well, I've been shooting a Gen2 G17 for a long time. Tried to like a Gen 2 Mdl 22 and it just didn't give me the warm fuzzies. Personally I doubt there are many, if any, examples where a quality 9mm round failed that a quality .40 would have done the job. More bullets, a bit easier recoil, easier on the gun, a slight economic edge....for me the 9mm wins easily. If I had to carry a .40 I would, but given the choice I would (and did) go with the 9.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    I'll put down money that they won't be taking silvertips back. What odds do you want?
    I wouldn't have a problem if win started using the jacket on there T and B loads

I like hunting wolves

Win has a platinum tip hollow point that looks similar to the old silver tip, but it works like the ranger t. I have only seen them in larger hangun calibers like 44mag, and 454 casul.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    Win has a platinum tip hollow point that looks similar to the old silver tip, but it works like the ranger t. I have only seen them in larger hangun calibers like 44mag, and 454 casul.
    Yeah, that's their hunting version of the bullet. I have a few boxes of the .41 Mag version. I wouldn't mind shooting some jello with it, just for yuks.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Yeah, that's their hunting version of the bullet. I have a few boxes of the .41 Mag version. I wouldn't mind shooting some jello with it, just for yuks.
    I have seen some youtube jello videos. I dont recall what flavor of jello it was, but in the videos the platinum tip appeared to work very well.

Your tougher than I .

I`ve always hated shooting 41-44 magnums or even max 357mag load in a K frame.

Banned
    Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Way too many people refuse to believe that you can't beat physics, and insist that magic bullets actually exist.
    +1!

For all the 9mm Fan Club members: just how many people have you shot and killed with you 9mm and it's "Magic Bullet"?

Just curious.

Back in the spring during a routine traffic stop a So. Carolina deputy shot an unarmed disabled 70yo man with a 9mm and it's "Magic Bullet". After pulling over to the side of the road, the 70yo man got out of his truck and reach into the bed of his truck for his cane ( he had to have the crane to walk ) and as he pulled the cane into view the deputy fired numerous rounds from his 9mm pistol striking the 70yo at lest once in the stomach at a range of less than 10yds.

The 70yo man never fell but instead he just leaned against his cane and the door of the truck. After the deputy realized what was going on he rushed to help the 70yo man and asked if he was "ok". Man replied "Yes, but it hurts a little." or something like that.

To watch the video google South Carolina deputy shoots 70yo man YouTube.

Heck, here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLAgJCBjt0&app=desktop

Yeah, I'll stick with a real handgun round.

Paul

^^^ Tier 1 sheepdog ^^^
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

+1!

For all the 9mm Fan Club members: just how many people have you shot and killed with you 9mm and it's "Magic Bullet"?

Just curious.

Back in the spring during a routine traffic stop a So. Carolina deputy shot an unarmed disabled 70yo man with a 9mm and it's "Magic Bullet". After pulling over to the side of the road, the 70yo man got out of his truck and reach into the bed of his truck for his cane ( he had to have the crane to walk ) and as he pulled the cane into view the deputy fired numerous rounds from his 9mm pistol striking the 70yo at lest once in the stomach at a range of less than 10yds.

The 70yo man never fell but instead he just leaned against his cane and the door of the truck. After the deputy realized what was going on he rushed to help the 70yo man and asked if he was "ok". Man replied "Yes, but it hurts a little." or something like that.

Heck, here's a link:

Paul

He clearly would have been vaporized with .45ACP.

Anecdotal poor quality video evidence of exactly nothing. How many misses of a different caliber would have taken this target down?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

+1!

Just curious.

Heck, here's a link:

Paul
    Good, you found one story to back your preference, thereby ignoring the scientific data posted here.

I've been shot with a .45ACP 230gr HP. Oddly enough, I don't think that .07 of additional diameter does make a "real handgun round" make. Can you provide any statistical data that contradicts DocGKR's findings?
    #RESIST

User Tag List